• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the watches fitted with new crystals and bands.
2 have bumper movements .
20220131_165112.jpg
20220131_165003.jpg
20220131_165045.jpg

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't keep up w/ posting stuff, but can't stop shopping. Couple good things recently that I took a minute to photograph.
Second time finding the little guy, then found the big one a week later w/ a carrying case that holds 10x D cell batteries.
View attachment 1747029
Found the Strand and Thursday Boot a couple days ago
View attachment 1747030 View attachment 1747031
Then I thrifted a Taycan
JK, THEN I thrifted a Taycan
OK, one more:
REALLY JK, I bought a Taycan w/ mostly thrift money. Also, sold my Model S for more than I paid for it, which counts as a thrift too.
View attachment 1747035 View attachment 1747036 View attachment 1747037

Mein Gott!!!

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I sold that Icebreaker 1/4 zip from one of my recent posts.

Sold it to Kevin Murphy, of MST3K fame, voice of Tom Servo...

View attachment 1747014

100% really him. Full name match, lives in MN, his eBay name alludes to his character.

Thats dope, MST3K is a super underrated show!

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this is probably not the right place but has anyone here used the RealReal for consignment? Just wondering your experiences, if you would use it or not? Just saw my local one and it has horrible reviews. Any input would be much appreciated.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this is probably not the right place but has anyone here used the RealReal for consignment? Just wondering your experiences, if you would use it or not? Just saw my local one and it has horrible reviews. Any input would be much appreciated.
Just send it to Spoo.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cpmac7 I've been curious.. Are you still out thrifting and re-selling? Or have you kinda shifted your time and focus on other things? I remember you used to post these massive batches on your ebay, all for no reserve auctions... but haven't seen that kind of activity as of late.

SteelGuy

Reaction score

I've used them on and off. I use them more for women's nowadays. They tend to not understand menswear and dates of the labels. Things like selling the pinstripe 'blazer' and the pants as 'separates', or forgetting to show or mention the NWT status, or not showing the Zegna label and pricing newer same as old, all Loro Piana fabric is listed under Loro Piana designer etc. They also start marking things down FAST to get them moved.

I know that a couple of us have better luck buying from them -- especially with promotions and discounts.

Fwiw, it's sort of frustrating to sell with them because of the discounts and such. I use it more to unload stuff that I won't get around to.

TheRealReal.jpg

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got nothing against Spoo, have used him in the past, but last time I asked there was a long wait. Which is understandable.

been awhile but iirc they payout like once a month so I doubt it’ll that much faster.

will also echo they don’t understand much beyond women’s runway pieces. they did really well for me with some Valentino & McQueen dresses, but everything else was thoroughly underwhelming. their commission is way too high for the service they offer imo.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have used TRR for womens things , if pieces are prove-it good they will sell quickly , if they do not they will begin discounting and it will not pay as well .

i am pretty intrigued by the houseware listings (for selling) but i haven't explored that yet , i probably wouldn't try mens on that site .

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to an estate sale a couple of years ago where I had some great scores, but someone else beat me to bunch of these jackets, the duffle bags and some of the other Supreme Court stuff. The homeowner had been a successful attorney, but was also apparently a hoarder. There were probably 200 suits there, mostly older HF and Oxxfords. The house was still packed and this was after they had already filled a dumpster that was in the driveway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics