• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lily Pulitzer, my size. Not sure I have the stones to wear it at the beach though...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eat your heart out audiophiles.

View attachment 1022588

If anyone is into this stuff and needs the tubes, let me know. When I bought my house, the sellers left their father's TV/Radio repair stuff. I have buttloads of manuals, tubes, and all sorts of stuff. Too many to sort through the find the 1% of them that are worth real money.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah professor i hit you up for some tubes like 2 years ago!

and yes @Letric i would've skipped for flip but if Big E grab non-plaid, rayons, basically you want legit fancy cowboy fabric. you'll know it when you see it i think. if it's a old denim like a sawtooth shirt grab it imo.

plain plaids are probably a feel thing, you like it i say grab it. if it belongs in the trash don't buy it lol.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ sweet!

iirc those have the vibrato that modulates the output tubes? so nice!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt like this as I was acquiring tons of stuff while not tossing anything. Then on top of it I saw too much good stuff and couldn’t just leave it behind. I realized pretty quick that I didn’t want to sell on eBay myself, too much work ha. So I’ve found the best of all worlds is buy stuff and replace your own personal stuff and then ship out all the old stuff or things not in ur size to one of the great consignors on here. I use Snoogz and now when I find something it means if it doesn’t fit I’ll make some money at least which still allows me to acquire for myself but also excited to find new stuff. Just from my experience.

You know how in AA the Sponsors are always wise and provide warnings to those just beginning their journey. Well, think of me as a Sponsor.

STORY WARNING: I have now spent three weekends working 14 hours a day both days to go through all the crap in my house and garage because of all the stuff I bought to sell on ebay. We are having an estate sale and it is going to take the sales guy two weeks to go through everything and set it all up. Then the guy running the sale needs 10 days to price it all. This is after I donated 3 full size pickup truck loads to Goodwill AND forced 3-4 boxes of stuff on 4 of 5 kids. I donated at least 120 pairs of shoes after all that. I was going through stuff and some of it still had the price tag from the estate sale I bought it at. I have a 2 1/2 car garage that is FULL!

It was very overwhelming going through all of it. About 30% (I'm guesssing) is stuff that I would not buy now that I have learned better. About 20% of the stuff is just regular household stuff that people gather when they are married and have kids. BUT, the rest of it is stuff is decent stuff that could be sold on ebay if I had time. Quite a few boxes will be mailed for consignment -- with some valuable items. And a LOT of it will be sold at the estate sale.

In my opinion, buy something for ONLY one of the following reasons:

1. You can list it quickly and make a high return on your investment
2. It is for personal use and you don't already have 20 of them (this number should be lower, but I know the audience)
3. You are giving it away for a gift.

If you are buying because you think that one day maybe you'll have time to list it, DON'T DO IT! You will not have time and then you too will be in your garage looking at 12 Southwick Suits and wondering if you can get the $6 each you spent on them. Or sorting through the 16 Henckle knives when you already have 5, or the 80 pairs of Allen Edmonds that are weird sizes like 11.5AA, or the china that seemed like a good idea because 3 sets of them sold on ebay for $300, but it will cost $100 to ship and half will get broken, or 100 Brooks Brothers ties that can sell for $10-15 but who has time to list them, or the 100's of things you bought because you thought they were cool (and they sort of are) that are not worth anything.

Oh, and if you do this hobby and buy lots of nice suits for personal use AND then lose weight, you will end up with a bunch of really nice suits that fit like tents over a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads