• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that seems a little shady lol
The guy that blight the kiton had it sent to a reweaver in Spain
Nah, mang... It was way more than a "little" shady. It was full-blown, over the top shady, but only on his probable intentions. I was in compliance with all of eBay's rules. The suit was legit and exactly as described. Once it's sold, I don't give two ***** what they do with it. lol :cool:

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
I suppose that could work if the size label is swapped in and all.

Wouldn't work on me, though. When I get a suit/SC in the mail, the first thing I do is the full canvas pinch test, baby. :bigstar:

I often get weird stares in the thrifts doing the pinch test. Not many seem to know what the heck it is i'm doing.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose that could work if the size label is swapped in and all.

Wouldn't work on me, though. When I get a suit/SC in the mail, the first thing I do is the full canvas pinch test, baby. :bigstar:

I often get weird stares in the thrifts doing the pinch test. Not many seem to know what the heck it is i'm doing.
You ever been seen smelling a purse to see if it’s real leather? Yea that will get you the fun looks

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some ****.

DSC_0324.JPG
DSC_0328.JPG
DSC_0330.JPG
DSC_0336.JPG
DSC_0337.JPG
DSC_0342.JPG
DSC_0526.JPG
DSC_0529.JPG
DSC_0531.JPG
DSC_0534.JPG
DSC_0536.JPG
DSC_0539.JPG
DSC_0547.JPG
DSC_0551.JPG
DSC_0554.JPG
DSC_0558.JPG
DSC_0560.JPG
DSC_0564.JPG

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kitty cat galore.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get weird looks in op shops when people see me holding buttons to my cheek (genuine horn or shell feels cold against the skin).

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get weird looks in op shops when people see me holding buttons to my cheek (genuine horn or shell feels cold against the skin).

I got a strange look when I asked to see the massive bag of ties a shop has out back. I’d shudder to think what looks I’ll get if I rubbed a shoe on my face...

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a strange look when I asked to see the massive bag of ties a shop has out back. I’d shudder to think what looks I’ll get if I rubbed a shoe on my face...
Op shop staff can get a bit weird about going out the back. I even got funny looks at one store where there was a sign on the back door saying that all the suits were out the back if you wanted to look.

Worth putting up with the embarrassment, as that was the shop where I came across a billionaire's donations, most of them out the back.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Op shop staff can get a bit weird about going out the back. I even got funny looks at one store where there was a sign on the back door saying that all the suits were out the back if you wanted to look.

Worth putting up with the embarrassment, as that was the shop where I came across a billionaire's donations, most of them out the back.

Oh yeah, I’ve been out the back many times! Sometimes I find gold, sometimes sod all. There’s been no ties out out that have been worth while in weeks!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can try a slightly less apparent way, bring the item up close to your eyes, as if your trying to read details on the content tag, while doing so hold the cuff as well and let it touch that little soul patch area about your chin...that area is far more temp sensitive as well...well besides your lips...not recommended.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NM decided any gun discussion may be touchy right now. Plus I didn't wanna bait anyone on the left.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Couple other recent things

IMG_9680.JPG

wool marching band jacket (sold)

IMG_9590.JPG IMG_9595.JPG IMG_9625.JPG IMG_9626.JPG IMG_9643.JPG

old snapbacks

IMG_9708.JPG IMG_9716.JPG

haven't seen one with the back of the collar screened before

This is written in the pocket of some newish Levi's, can anyone translate?

IMG_0122.JPG

and a couple fit pics with that SNS Herning sweater from Friday. Alden PTBs thrifted by @leftofthedial thanks again for these!

20171015_150819.jpg 20171015_150603.jpg

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple other recent things

View attachment 859124

wool marching band jacket (sold)

View attachment 859119 View attachment 859120 View attachment 859121 View attachment 859122 View attachment 859123

old snapbacks

View attachment 859125 View attachment 859126

haven't seen one with the back of the collar screened before

This is written in the pocket of some newish Levi's, can anyone translate?

View attachment 859118

and a couple fit pics with that SNS Herning sweater from Friday. Alden PTBs thrifted by @leftofthedial thanks again for these!

View attachment 859117 View attachment 859116

View attachment 859127

I’ve had a few screened collars.

So douchebag, but pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads