• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Picked up this charcoal Purple Label orphan today, figured its staple enough that someone might want it for a beater.

No size tag, but pit to pit measures 23.5"

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince myself not to keep the blackwatch breeks...

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Made in USA brooks brothers thick oxford a buy at $15? I passed as I like my Steven Alan ocbd.

thriftydood

Reaction score
Some finds over the past couple of months:
Sorry about the photography, just noticed that some items appear weirdly faded or washed out, that's just the photography and lighting.

Betabrand dress sweatpants (30/32, fit much larger, wish these fit me)

Tellason Ladbroke Grove 12.5 oz. jeans (31, fit much larger), like new

J. Crew Selvedge Jeans in dark Fairfax wash (31/32), like new

Incotex for EZ corduroy pants (32)

Isaia corduroy pants (EU48)

Gant Rugger Selvage Madras shirt (XS)

Ledbury Kingsley dress shirt (slim 15)

Epaulet NYC Oxford spread collar shirt (M)

Rag & Bone gray dress shirt (15)

RLBL plaid shirt (16)

Proper Cloth white linen-cotton popover (maybe an M? not that slim, but popovers are also not supposed to be too
slim)

Brioni orange zippered polo shirt (EU 56), nice raw Egyptian cotton

Versace gray medusa polo shirt (L)

authenticity check, please? It looks well made (clean stitching) with embossed MoP buttons, but the tags do seem slightly
off

Vintage Paul Stuart Sportcoat (39R):

unlined in the back, some stains, but couldn't leave it behind

H&M techwear blazer (89% nylon/11% elastane), 38--normally wouldn't pick this up, but if you found this in a
smaller size, would be interested, actually a really nice take on techwear

Barney's Coop gray herringbone sportcoat (EU 46)

Billy Reid plaid flannel/tweed sportcoat (40R):

triple-patch pockets, beautiful lining, 3-roll-2

Schneiders Salzburg pure cashmere overcoat in loden green (EU54/US46)

Ralph Lauren Rugby navy wool peacoat (S)

Prada black hooded windbreaker (RiRi zippers, leather strings, large)

J. Press Presstige glenplaid suit (39R)

Isaia worsted solid charcoal Aquaspider suit (EU48)

Some women's stuff:

Sacai Luck women's shirt (2)

Brunello Cucinelli women's gray skinny jeans (US4)

Celine white silk/cotton cardigan (L)

Balenciaga navy with black accents boots (side zips, front buckles, pull tabs at the heels, EU39)

Accessories:

Belt--or rather a buckle; sadly, engraved, but sterling silver buckle

Piggy Bank (one ear broke off):

William Rogers Sterling Silver

shades: RB, MJ, DG

Shades: B&L for DKNY vintage

Shades vintage B&L RB WF

T&C silver and gold cufflinks

EM titanium cufflinks

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we are all treasure hunters at heart here, so I thought you guys would be interested to know that one of the two Mustangs Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt was found in a Mexican scrapyard.

04f73e67dcf0ac3e56b481ce766906f1.jpg

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know we are all treasure hunters at heart here, so I thought you guys would be interested to know that one of the two Mustangs Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt was foundin a Mexican scrapyard.

Incredible. I bet that dude is kicking himself right now for doing the partial restoration. I was thinking $1 million seemed like a low auction estimate until I read that part.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we are all treasure hunters at heart here, so I thought you guys would be interested to know that one of the two Mustangs Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt was found in a Mexican scrapyard.

04f73e67dcf0ac3e56b481ce766906f1.jpg
Rick from Pawn Stars will be all over that. He is a Steve McQueen nut.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Incredible. I bet that dude is kicking himself right now for doing the partial restoration. I was thinking $1 million seemed like a low auction estimate until I read that part.

I can't stress this enough for people that find stuff like that and they want to "clean it up" (if they have intentions of selling it and not keeping for personal use). Granted the guy had no idea what he had, but still. Pays to do your research before doing something irreversible. Leave it be. Polishing that chrome, touching up that paint, replacing that rusty screw, etc might cost you a boatload of money in the end.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recall one of the stunt drivers stating there was a 3rd car, but that has yet to be substantiated. So maybe...
But you have a better chance finding a first printing of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species", of which there are still a couple hundred "missing" copies out there, and can fetch close to $200k at auction. So that's what I'm looking for. :)

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Furniture guys. I'm torn. I like the desk. For the price I'll probably pay for it. Is it anything special?

A fire wouldn't want that desk. Keep moving. You'll find a better one.

Some issues (why the **** did someone chop the hem?!), but for $3.50, hopefully they can be salvaged.

These are incredible. Looks like something Engineered Garments would put out today. I wouldn't mess with the hem. Seems to suit the vibe.

ENGI-MP26_V2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads