• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
In field
look legit?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing too crazy from the past few days, but a couple of rad things:

WTaps SS16 Union Shirt - S - Available

Not super old, but vintage Big Mac Chambray x 2 (one cotton, one selvedge cotton/poly)

Killer vintage madras jacket for a friend - N/A
Nothing in the shoulder but the wrapped around canvas.

Weird possibly homemade long-Henley

The buttons are sick

I also lost my job last week, so I'm happy to join the secondhand ranks full-time while I figure out the next move. Now is when being a collector comes in handy.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is made in India. Should I be worried?

very common for madras stuff to be made in India, from what I hear.

sorry about the news, @leftofthedial

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Updated professional portrait fit pic, taken at recent trade show. Drake's for Spoo tie, H-F thrifted glenplaid suit, BB shirt.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That WTaps is radical. Sorry to hear about your job loss, been there. Having the ability to make your own rain really comes in handy. Good luck!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updated professional portrait fit pic, taken at recent trade show. Drake's for Spoo tie, H-F thrifted glenplaid suit, BB shirt.

The avatar fooled me. You're much better looking sir!

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Also mislisted BB shell. One of you guys posted a link to this pair at $19.99 + shipping and I clicked it 3 hours or so after it was posted and it said it was already sold. So I did what I normally do when I see a poorly posted listing and look through the rest of the sellers stuff to see if they're worth following. There was another auction for the same exact shoes. I figured it must be a mistake so I clicked by it now just to see what would happen. They showed up, cleaned up well, and I sold them for a lot more that $19.99, so I owe somebody here a beer.
With the kind streak you had just find me some denim and we'll call it even, haha.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
@leftofthedial sorry about the inconvenience of new opportunities being forced on you. I hope you end up even better off than before!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I found another worn Mark Powell today. Same donor.
I phoned up the store asking if these were bespoke or off the peg, no answer.

An hour later, I get a call back and guess who's on the other end... Mark Powell himself. That was some conversation about cloth and shirts.

Such a since guy, and I'm humbled to be able to speak to him.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of a thrift store brag, a thrift store moment of shame:

I accidentally donated the wrong bag Saturday night and lost some really nice stuff. Went back today and they let me search the back room but there was too much to sort through and I came up empty handed.

If any Salt Lake City guys find a Margiela sweater, some premium Nike stuff (rainbow Flyknits, black/white Flyknit Trainers, Gyakusou jacket, NWT knit running shirts) or Proper Cloth shirts please let me know!

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dang, chet. wish we could all team up and thrift those things and send them to you, but it's all too cool to be found in thrifts. haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads