• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

With all the recent sneaker talk, and specifically the Yeezy queue, I could really use the some help on these (paging [
Thanks in advance all!

Going to say probably, almost certainly not. Rule of thumb on insanely popular sneakers - there are no "deals" on them. Ever. So if you're looking to find one to flip, you probably shouldn't.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some proper pics of the shoes.

Peccary Gravati

Ostrich

Python

How awesome are these

Pop

Unstructured

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to say probably, almost certainly not. Rule of thumb on insanely popular sneakers - there are no "deals" on them. Ever. So if you're looking to find one to flip, you probably shouldn't.

Figured as much, these were just poorly marketed/listed, so figured there was a small (albeit unlikely) chance! Thanks anyways!

TheODGuy

Reaction score
Had a pretty good RRL run as of late... all from the last few months. I think I had a few more pieces, but I forgot to take pics.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some sweet finds today.

Roomba 500 series robot vacumn. Already thrifted it's 400 series cousin awhile ago and use it all the time so I'll add this one to my now robot-army.

Harry Rosen (made in Italy) shirt for me
Dunhill and Italo Ferretti ties cheap enough to flip to Bay
Robert Graham shirt XL
Diesel (made in Italy) brown jeans
New HotSox socks for me
Men's black Canali wool scarf for me (audibly went "whoa" when I picked this out of the Gap and beer case scarves)

Just Burberry Brit in my size but it's pink. Has the plaid-check on it so will send to Bay.
Another Robert Graham. Pretty sure I saw this exact one in Harry Rosen recently so this one seems current.

Don't really know much about this but it looks like Frankie Morello does well on the Bay?
Size medium.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Selvedge Nudies are definitely a thing.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
So had a great trip to Mexico and have been trying to catch up on this thread. I was catching up to post a one stop haul of about 20 items including my first zegna cashco. Then something I could have never imagined happened this week.... (I don't usually write much with my posts or have many pictures but since I don't foresee this happening again I'm gonna tell a little bit of the story)
So awhile back I posted a quick back story about a friend of mine who's friends with a billionaire and is given his rotated clothes. So from that he gave me like 8-10 pairs of pants Brioni, zegna, incotex level. It blew my mind!

So this week I got a text from him saying that his buddy just gave him a new drop of 150 items, would I be interested in anything he didn't want?!? I of course said yes I'd gladly take anything... so I went to his house and checked out the things he was keeping and tried in my first kiton cashmere... amazing!

Then after trying on things he was keeping I was thinking he may have a few shirts and pants left over. We then went to his living room and he said all of this is yours if you want it... it was about 50 items! We loaded up the car and headed home to see what we got.... as a heads up I split this with my brother so we had an epic draft for all this stuff. the first things not pictured were about 10 pairs or golf shirts and shorts nothing crazy mostly Peter Millar Nike zegna and silk Tommy Bahamas's.
Here's the shirts... zegna, Brioni, cuci, purple, oxxford, rrl, bel y cia, truzzi

The pants about 20 pairs...mostly incotex and zegna.. also zanella, burdi, barbera

Jeans zegna and Brioni

So all of that was so far beyond amazing but then we checked out the jackets.... you'll likely be able to tell what they are...
Silk blend Brioni buttons

Silk blend Brioni buttons

Silk blend

Silk blend

100% alpaca

Silk blend

Silk blend

And then there is this guy 100% leather feels like suede given to him because it had a chipped button... not sure why he gave it to us but it doesn't suck
1f609.png

So yeah let's just say that this was an amazing night of drafting clothes. To be clear not thrifted in anyway it was all gifted.. ppu 0. So this is in kc just to give hope to anyone in a mid level city these people who give clothes of this level away do exist. After thanking him repeatedly I asked him what we could do for him and he said he's good but if we come across any Jerry Garcia ties he loves them... hmmm yeah I think I can do that! Happy thanksgiving to all... oh and to make it even better all the clothes just happen to be our size
1f609.png
Carry on.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys recognize this trademark?

I got it because I'm a sucker for a nice "Made In Italy" tag. On a nice, simple coat, kind of like a chore coat or car coat.

rhyme

Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Spoo. Got any "Granmamma's" ? Reebok Blast, Kamikaze or Shaqnosis?

Got you a present. . . .:hide:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Spoo. Got any "Granmamma's" ? Reebok Blast, Kamikaze or Shaqnosis?

Got you a present. . . .:hide:

Not those. But Reebok x Mastermind Ventilators, Raf Adidas Stans, possibly the Bape x Adidas NMDs and more. But, move to PM so as not to clog up the thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads