• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep the shoe theme going...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In case anyone isn't following the #forbrian thread, we bring that chapter to a close.

Thank you for all of your support and help, friends.

OK, Ive got most of (I Think) the checks all here, and any stragglers I will send separately.

For anyone who wants to see, please find totals below :

LuxeSwap sales - $916.14
TS, SEATTLE WA - $50
BP, HEMPSTEAD NY - $25
JL, ALBERTA CANADA - $100
MR, NEW PROVIDENCE NJ - $85.21
BP, WHITEHOUSE STATION NJ - $723.93
NL, LEXINGTON OH - $80
MW, VISTA CA - $33.73
NP, PLANTATION FL - $63.50
BH, JUPITER FL - $72
TG, SAN DIEGO CA - $34
MW, RICHMOND VA - $41
JS, ORLANDO FL - $200
RE, BEAUMONT TX - $64.80
JT, MINNEAPOLIS MN - $86
JS, OLATHE KS - $90
RD, BOSTON MA - $40
WO, NEW OXFORD PA - 137.50
RB, TRUSSVILLE AL - $100
ANONYMOUS MONEY ORDER - $60
GM, RIDGEFIELD CT - $150
SE, STEWARTVILLE MN - $52.66
RA, CHANHASSEN MN - $30
---
$3,235.47
:slayer:

I also received a check though made out to LuxeSwap for $60, which Ill have to connect with the person for resending, but thats whats going out in the first batch. Some of you sent some very touching letters which of course I will be including as well.

If you sent a check and don't see your information above, please let me know.

OK, the checks are in the mail. Ill send the stragglers in a separate envelope, but Ive also enclosed my own note in the package too.

You guys are wonderful.

To the family of Brian Shin -

After Justin contacted me and told me about your loss, and that he wanted to sell some things to help support you in your time of need, I knew that I could help more. As Im sure Justin has told you, the online community that Brian and I met each other on is a large one - and a kind one. I asked other eBay sellers to help participate in selling things that were thrifted, just as Brian loved, to help raise funds to assist during this difficult time. Well, they certainly did band together - I am happy to be enclosing with this letter over 20 checks from two countries and over 15% of the states in the United States. In addition, some of our other friends have written letters to you that are included with this one.

I think its safe to say that I can speak for the entire StyleForum community that we offer you our most sincere condolences and hope this financial contribution helps. While no amount of money can bring Brian back, his memory in both your and our lives is indelible - and I for one will remember his wit and wisdom during my time thrifting and selling, and you can rest assured that his memory and spirit will live on that way too.

Sincerely,
Matthew
President, LuxeSwap

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anyone isn't following the #forbrian thread, we bring that chapter to a close.

Thank you for all of your support and help, friends.
I'd by lying if I said I didn't get goosebumps and a lump in my throat. Amazing job fellas. And @SpooPoker , you really are a class act.

RIP Brian

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who
Donates
Things 
This?

WDTLT??

The C&J that I bought were purchased from the owner, for the sterling equivalent of less than $5, which is even dafter in my opinion. It doesn't take much effort to sell them on eBay if you have made the effort to sell them at (the UK version of) a garage sale.

Worse than that, the ladies Gucci shoes were bought from the trade for around the same price. They can't even have been trying to make a living.

Chotii

Reaction score
What do you call a sportcoat or blazer that has only a half a shoulder pad at the shoulders, and that one facing to the back? It's not deconstructed or unstructured, and it's not structured either.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, hit the stores today to score a cheap tennis racquet. Was not disappointed. On my second stop, scored this very nice Babolat AeroPro Drive racquet complete with bag for $9.99.

Was about to check out when I spy a cart coming from the processing area.... YES! Who the **** donates a brand new in box pair of Alden Indy boots???

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So if you guys had a pile of vintage Harris Tweed cloth in staple herringbones and what not - not big enough to make a jacket and too thick to make a tie or a pocket square (but lots of good size pieces), what would you do with it? Ive got a bunch (thrifted, but not by me) but don't know what to do. Patchwork something rings a bell but I don't have the foggiest who to do it or what they would do.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if you guys had a pile of vintage Harris Tweed cloth in staple herringbones and what not - not big enough to make a jacket and too thick to make a tie or a pocket square (but lots of good size pieces), what would you do with it? Ive got a bunch (thrifted, but not by me) but don't know what to do. Patchwork something rings a bell but I don't have the foggiest who to do it or what they would do.

Boxer shorts!
eek.gif

AlexJ1100

Reaction score

Reupholstered chair cushions a la @capnwes ?

If you also had some leather laying around maybe a tote of some kind?

Plastic lined dopp kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads