• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM-H

Reaction score
Money shot

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've been to Dick's, and this place is no Dick's.  It's not to maintain exclusivity or pressure sales.  As far as I can figure, they just don't like some people, to the point of overtly making them feel unwelcome.

Yup.  I had shopped there several times prior and even consigned stuff to them.  Went in wearing a ball cap (had not showered yet that day and it was rainy & windy so hair was a mess), and sunglasses (Rx and lightly tinted).  In short, was told I would have to remove my cap and glasses if I wanted to shop there.  I opted to not look all wild-haired while not being able to see anything, so I left and never went back. 

I encourage you to visit next time you're in ATL.  You may be granted leet status and gain entry.

Did they pull one of these?

"They don't sell hot dogs here. They took the bleachers out three years ago.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

colco

Reaction score
So I found 3x Jos A Bank signature platinum, and while I know that's not super special, they seem nice enough, but curious if this label can be ID'd... Tag says made in Italy... This may be something I can google, so my apologies, but out and about and phone research sucks...

Any ideas?
I have heard it said that Zegna makes that line of J Banks. Though that label does not resemble any Zegna labels that I have seen before.

TexJake

Reaction score
I know I've seen some Zegna labels on JAB before, but I don't remember if it was sig platinum... Cause that was my thought as well - this doesn't look like a Zegna tag (to me, although I am obviously not an authority on the subject...)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Went in wearing a ball cap (had not showered yet that day and it was rainy & windy so hair was a mess), and sunglasses (Rx and lightly tinted).  In short, was told I would have to remove my cap and glasses if I wanted to shop there.  I opted to not look all wild-haired while not being able to see anything, so I left and never went back. 

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they pull one of these?

"They don't sell hot dogs here. They took the bleachers out three years ago.

Not even....and if they were an actual upscale place I wouldn't have gone in wearing the cap. They're a used clothing store; they do not cater to the well-heeled, and they never will.

I grimace when I see people wearing a tank top, shorts and flip-flops on an airplane and walk barefoot through security screening. Maybe it's due to when I grew up at the tail-end of the golden age of flying, when it was still something of a big deal, but - I dunno what my point is...there's a time and a place to present yourself well and a used clothing store ain't it.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been to Dick's, and this place is no Dick's.  It's not to maintain exclusivity or pressure sales.  As far as I can figure, they just don't like some people, to the point of overtly making them feel unwelcome.

Yup.  I had shopped there several times prior and even consigned stuff to them.  Went in wearing a ball cap (had not showered yet that day and it was rainy & windy so hair was a mess), and sunglasses (Rx and lightly tinted).  In short, was told I would have to remove my cap and glasses if I wanted to shop there.  I opted to not look all wild-haired while not being able to see anything, so I left and never went back. 

I encourage you to visit next time you're in ATL.  You may be granted leet status and gain entry.

hahaha. Well, we closed our Ebay store last year, which we had run full time, we consign here to fuel our thrifting habits. Basically, we liquidated our store there. I guess they like us-however we do not like them. If you think the mens side is bad, all I can say is you have seen nothing when compared to the ladies side across the street.
In general, they sometimes have some ok things (like I buy Borrelli shirts there for dirt cheap, hardly find them in the thrifts), but never have I spent my own monies there.
Truth on the Versace and other douche grade brands...occasionally you will see some Isaia, Ive sent some roached Kiton there and gotten some coin. Its really not good for anything else.

TexJake

Reaction score
CT 16/33 extra slim, Zanella super thick woven (M)
1963D8AA-ACE0-49D3-A027-9F0749B9492B.jpg

And another mild mannered Hermes. Is this one legit? Something seems a little off, maybe in my head though. Feels just as nice as others I've picked up.
F6F9E500-2690-4D45-852B-EBE25A66D060.jpg

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard it said that Zegna makes that line of J Banks. Though that label does not resemble any Zegna labels that I have seen before.
Zegna makes SOME of the made in Mexico signature series, but not the platinum line which is made in Italy. I've asked before about that tag, and no one knows.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^

re: Hermes, is the ground actually white or cream or ?

I'm really into that pattern, but i've never figured out how to wear a white or off-white silk tie

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha. Well, we closed our Ebay store last year, which we had run full time, we consign here to fuel our thrifting habits. Basically, we liquidated our store there. I guess they like us-however we do not like them. If you think the mens side is bad, all I can say is you have seen nothing when compared to the ladies side across the street.
In general, they sometimes have some ok things (like I buy Borrelli shirts there for dirt cheap, hardly find them in the thrifts), but never have I spent my own monies there.
Truth on the Versace and other douche grade brands...occasionally you will see some Isaia, Ive sent some roached Kiton there and gotten some coin. Its really not good for anything else.

The two guys that worked there were nice and cool to me - don't remember their names - one dude was foreign - decent guys. The last time I was allowed to shop there - over 2 years ago - I was surprised at how much generic PRL and J. Crew stuff they had, for like $25-$30 per shirt. I had a mind to go shop at GW Buckhead for Polo and J. Crew, remove the colored barbs and bring it all to Labels. They did have a super-sick Dunhill 100% cashmere top coat there for a long while that I would check on every 2 or 3 weeks - it never went on sale.
And their consignment process kinda sucks - you have to go in and see if anything sold and get a check - they don't mail out checks nor let you know you've got money coming...if stuff doesn't sell after 90 days you have to go pick it up, and good luck finding it out on the racks after 90 days and you have no idea what's what any longer unless you keep track of what you brought in vs. what you got paid for. Ungh.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

I'm really into that pattern, but i've never figured out how to wear a white or off-white silk tie

White shirt, dark suit or navy blazer, something that makes it weird.

Or yours truly trying to knock the above off:

Or this, which is one of those times something just works.

Last edited:

TexJake

Reaction score

^^^

The base color is a tan/khaki/ecru. Not light/white enough that I would call it cream or ivory. Definitely workable with a tan or brown suit of some variety with a white shirt. Or, as @YRR92 demonstrates above very well, even Navy would work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads