• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys remember this?
VOTE FOR CINDERGRILLA!!

Well we didn't win, which sucks. My grill is so close to the end right now. lol.

I was most looking forward to the cash part of the prize, which I was going to put towards the construction of the Thrif-t-lift in the shipping and receiving room.

Another thing I was looking forward to was the voter appreciation sale I was going to throw as a big thanks. I had plans for a sale offering 1 percent off for every vote we won by, or something like that.

Well, we didn't win, so that sucks.

But anyway.....
Thanks for voting anyway. I appreciate the patience (for the most part) during the biggest thread derail in the history of the internet. There was a lot of camaraderie and good sportsmanship shown for those couple weeks, and it meant a lot to me. Whether you voted or not, click this link for a special thanks discount. Extra 30% off $30 purchase for 3 days ending Wednesday at Midnight EST. Should be stackable with my other current sales....but I'm not entirely sure. You have to go into the listing itself to see the stacked discount. Some of this stuff will end up at barely above thrift prices. If my math is correct, you should be able to get two ties shipped for $20, and shoes/suits/SCs for about $25 shipped. I'm putting a link in my sig in case this post gets removed.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Annuals last one year, perennials are the ones that will come back, sorry.  Doesn't mean that with some love they won't come back and bloom this year.

Yeah, your better value for money (IMHO) are some of the online wholesalers, where you can buy palettes of perennials, especially grasses and some of the more invasive stuff (sometimes listed as "fast growers" or "establishes quickly") for pennies. And you can also buy just a few and do cuttings and propagate within a couple seasons. Hydrangea do remarkably well with this. And then there are companies like Brecks and Michigan Bulb which charge a bit more, but guarantee your stuff 100%, so if it only comes back at a 30% rate next season, you get 70% of your money back.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Suede Loafers, I can't find any info about the model number online.

Those look a bit similar to the 6243F Flex-Welt Suede Penny Loafers.

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-unlined-flex-penny-loafer-in-snuff-suede-6243f/

Killer scores mate. Nice to see another Pacific Northwester on here.
fistbump.gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And as I get ready, I have to thank this thread, because if wasn't for this, silverwarebandit would have been just another guy I looked at with contempt as I tried to get to the Kiton before he did. Thanks SF official thrift-discount store bragging thread!

Should make for an interesting "so how do you know the couple?" chit-chat at the reception as well.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shout out to Spoo for mentioning estatesales.net a few pages ago! I went to one this past week and left with some fun/old/funny stuff: ] ]
You may or may not know this, but those Blue Tip matches sell really well. I made a killing off a few cases of those back in the day. They used a different chemical back then so those would light under nearly any condition. They work better than any wet light match made today. The only downside is they have a tendency to light when you would rather they didn't. If you sell/ship them, pack them so they can not bounce around in whatever box you put them in. Awesome stuff though for sure.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't do too bad today:

Suede shacket (looks like there's some water stains, available)

Random Made in Korea bomber (unavailable)

Paid way too much for this but it's for flipping purposes:

Left column: herringbone sydney, RL, RL (unavailable), RMW
Right: herringbone Sydney x 3, scummy yellowing white Zegna with nice thick MOP

Hugo black label, Lacoste polo and PRL combat shorts (all unavailable)

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Bros! True Detective season 2 just started!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wassup thrift bros?

At the airport getting ready to head to Bangkok for a day or so then off to Hanoi to go down the coast of Vietnam in about 2.5 weeks. Wish i could ride a motorcycle down, but everyone tells me I won't have enough time so I'm planning to rent one in places and fly through areas im not planning on visiting.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, and the worst part is that my 17 year old dog has taken a very sudden turn for the worse and we were trying to get back to him in time... doesn't look like we're going to make it.   :(

Dan....sorry to hear this. It sucks when something happens to a fur family member. Hope you made it back ok.

Was actually thinking about you the other day when I saw the Hill-Rom news....is that going to impact you?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever bid on something for kicks and giggles... only to get a message a little later that you had won? Then, you realize that you have ZERO use for the item...
lol8[1].gif

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Wassup thrift bros?

At the airport getting ready to head to Bangkok for a day or so then off to Hanoi to go down the coast of Vietnam in about 2.5 weeks. Wish i could ride a motorcycle down, but everyone tells me I won't have enough time so I'm planning to rent one in places and fly through areas im not planning on visiting.
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

0.jpg

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Quick general question for ya'll. Copped some sick Acid Green Oakley Frogskins from @PLaydice but they could use some lenses. Anyone here have the hook^ on lenses from Oakley?
get my lenses from 'teh bay. from a 3rd party maker. good lenses about $30 a set.

@Spoo I see your new Maserati and raise you a 1939 Citroën 11BL
ooooooooohhhhhhhh, deal me in!! I like this game......... awesome find BTW. we should catalogue these for members who wanna join the big boys car club in future.

so Brianpore is the newest member??

Have you guys ever bid on something for kicks and giggles... only to get a message a little later that you had won? Then, you realize that you have ZERO use for the item...
lol8[1].gif

bet you are still loving it though........
bigstar[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads