• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Canali's fabric selections really improved after the switch from Blue label to Brown... I believe that was around like 2004? Much more plaids and checks, more flannels and cashmere blends. Their styling seemed to take a boost as well.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found 2 massimo bizzocchi ties with open rectangle ends, anyone recognize this style? Also, a nice pocket square with the tag cut out

Plus a PRL Field coat and flannel shirt, a Brooks OCBD, a couple of no name Italian ties and a Brooks Bros pink cotton stripe and some A&E Manchesters that might work with a sock liner or extra insole.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Found 2 massimo bizzocchi ties with open rectangle ends, anyone recognize this style?

id be willing to bet that was a cheap way to shorten the length for a shorter fella. have you meaasured it? Ive seen that a few times and theyre always a couple inches under 58.

Wrong Crowd

Reaction score
I have a buddy who isn't a thrifter who found some Ray-Bans and has doubts as to their authenticity. I'm pretty sure they're good but I'm not a sunglasses expert... would somebody mind giving an expert opinion?

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Let's see a close up shot of the "Ray Ban" on the front lens, and also is there little "RB" etchings on the sides of the lenses by the frames? Those should be there if they have the original RB lenses. If not the rest looks okay but I'm not an expert on that model just Wayfarers/Clubmasters/Aviators.

Also, bend the arm so the hinge is exposed and make sure its nice and solid, not some cheap hinge.

Last edited:

Wrong Crowd

Reaction score
As requested: pictures of the hinge and logo:

I don't know what makes a hinge good but the action seems smooth. I couldn't get a photo of the etching on the lens, but it's there.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
I have a buddy who isn't a thrifter who found some Ray-Bans and has doubts as to their authenticity. I'm pretty sure they're good but I'm not a sunglasses expert... would somebody mind giving an expert opinion?

What @Letric said.

Aside from that, I often see fakes screw up the logo on the arm and just based on looking at RB's stock photos they match up well.

I also wouldn't be too concerned with this model being faked. Don't take this the wrong way, but that model is one of their cheaper ones, and given the price and popularity difference between those and the Wayfarers/Aviator, I don't think anyone would bother faking them.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those hinges are the good solid style, not the cheapo screw-on flimsy ones. Printing on the lens looks good.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Hola from vacation. Found these BB chocolate surede made in USA. Are they Alden or AE or someone else? Immguessing AE.

THx for the knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads