• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good as is from my POV. If it were a suit, I wouldn't wear it. Little too flashy for my taste.

Haha I wasn't talking about the pattern or anything. I was making a joke about your lack of wearing pants in the picture. Just joking man! It's a great jacket.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did very little for boardwalk
Greenfield made the suits
Look for a union label inside the pockets.
Did you find this in nyc or California. Most wardrobes are sent back to LA. Then sold off pretty placed in a warehouse for future use. Curious to see the label inside.

THANK YOU! I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow. I found this just outside NYC, in NJ; I've found other Greenfield pieces in the same (undisclosed!) location, so assumed it was by him once I realized he'd worked on the show. Thanks again--all the responses are very much appreciated! :)

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this teak?

I think it looks more like mahogany.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it looks more like mahogany.

I don't think it's either. Looks like Chestnut to me.

--

I know I'm a stranger here these days -- far more than I'd like.

But I have a request: First family wedding in a while and all the pieces are in place except the shirt. (Well, the shoes leave a bit to be desired too, but I'm less stressed about that... *cough* 10.5d *cough*)

Looking for an elite brand (hand passes), white, 16-16.5 neck x 34ish arm formal shirt. Brand isn't all that important. Wing collar preferred, but spread will do.

I'd be delighted to trade or pay a fair pre-owned price.

Thanks in advance, gents.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted much lately, but I've found a few random goodies. Found about 10 Robert Graham shirts (ranging from euc to new), 5+ Etro like new, and the oldest suit I've personally ran across yet, with the 1934 union label in it.
Also picked up an identical table to the one shown below, but in serious need of some polishing.

LetsGetWeird

Reaction score
Thrift weekend highlight - current label Isaia peak lapel flat front double breasted suit w/ shell buttons. Tagged 52R, already shipped to @Brianpore so blow up his inbox instead
biggrin.gif

Versace Guy

Reaction score
I haven't posted much lately, but I've found a few random goodies. Found about 10 Robert Graham shirts (ranging from euc to new), 5+ Etro like new, and the oldest suit I've personally ran across yet, with the 1934 union label in it.
Also picked up an identical table to the one shown below, but in serious need of some polishing.

Where dat skeetz!?

Last edited:

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all Missoni shirts worth a pick up or is it just the crazy patterns that sell?

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Returned last night from Europe last night, got to spend time on Savile Row last week and had a great experience. Was a little intimidated at first, thinking people might be a bit to exclusive for the average person walking in the door, but every shop I went into was very welcoming. Everyone was happy to let me walk around and watch some of the cutters work. Stopped at Gieves and Hawkes, Henry Poole, Huntsmans, and Dege Skinner,

Best experience was at Huntmans. Walked in, walked around the front showroom for a bit, spoke to the front greeter for a couple minutes, and as we're heading out the door someone from the back walks up (younger but seemed to have more of a management confidence to him) and started chatting with my wife and I. Offered to show us a little farther back in the shop to watch two of their cutters work and took us to one of the measuring rooms where part of Kingsmans Secret Service was filmed. Best part, as we finished that my wife commented to me how much she loved one of the bolts of tweed they had out on a front table and the man said it was one of their current house tweeds and told the greeter to pull three from the back for me to try on. While I was dressed nicer than the normal tourist (Dark denim, PRL button up), I definitely didn't look like I was ready to drop 2,500 pounds on a tweed jacket. He didn't seem to be trying to make a sale, just seemed genuinely proud of what he was doing.

Unfortunately most places (understandably) had signs inside asking for no pictures of the interiors, so outside shots are all I have.

Not spoilered

Most places had a basement where you could view the working tailors

Last edited:

namdaemun

Reaction score
Is there an alternative company other than Tie Crafters to narrow a tie? $37 to narrow/ship is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members