• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

splattered

Reaction score
My Moto is still up for sale (Non washed haha) if anyone is wanting one... older style brand new condition. :p

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
IDK why people like washing their leathers. IMO, it just shortens the life of the jacket. My Schott 141 broke in beautifully after a year of wear, and people ask me all the time where I got it from.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the discussion of washing the FQHH ToJ on the prev page made me a little sick. it strikes me as a crime against clothing.

to be less reactionary, i must ask: do we even know what FQHH looks like when washed?

bakatora

Reaction score
LA Guy (fok), the forum admin washed his black fqhh moto iirc with positive results.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the discussion is like turning into a debate about washing your dry denim for the first time before the "6 month mark" wtfff

i say wear the damn leather you paid for and let it age, imho

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone who receives a jacket they love out of the box are going to experiment with washing it, it's more likely the fit is off slightly or they are considering selling it that the idea of washing it peaks their interest. It's at least more interesting than talking about washing/sizing jeans, which has been discussed to death.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Drew, any chance the next update of the moto will have more upright collars, or is the current collar designed to fit different neck sizes? I kind of want to buy a second moto. Can't have too many leather jackets, right?
laugh.gif

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stick
Err, so why are people who have only handled leather from brands like H&M and BS telling Drew what to do with his own leather? Considering he's handled every leather he sells extensively, as well as experimented with washing most of them, it's pretty ******* marsupialed that some random dude that posts creepy **** pictures is telling other people what to do, and it's even more marsupialed that other dudes are listening.

worship.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Scissors. +1 to stick's assessment. I loved the clean look of my bomber, even despite a minor fit issue. Wouldn't wash it for the world.

stick

Reaction score
I'm bored at work. This is an example of one of his jackets he washed, from that thread he posted a link to. Just consider the quality of the leather if this is what happened to it. Before:
cRwEp.jpg
After:
photo3-1.jpg
Not going to deny that the color is more interesting in the after pic, but just imagining the quality of a jacket that changes that much in color after touching water makes me shudder. The leather looks like it's about to disintegrate in the second pic. EDIT: the pictures aren't of the same jacket, he just used the first picture to illustrate the original color.

Wang03

Reaction score
is this the toj thread where I'm looking forward to new things to come for s/s 2011 and fit pics of previous purchases,
or debating whether to wash leather or not?
go make a new thread about it lorenzo, if ur so eager to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads