• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
why would you want to wear a fishtail with no hood?

eternaldrake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
also, to put it out there now - these things are meant to be oversized, they're bulky and I think that one could even wear it over a suit to work if they were so inclined; it would look more polished than a traditional fatigue green fishtail. There'll be even sizes 44-52 or whatever, but there's no point in trying to MTM them, make in-between sizes, etc.

nooo why cant i get skin tight parkas

also, I haven't seen any posts about them in a while, and I'm in the market for one and feel like throwing more money at you, so I was wondering what the status on bags currently is. can we expect to see a ToJ messenger in the future?

while im at it, and yea I know this isn't really the place to ask, but do you happen to know if that horsehide dr will be finished sometime next week? i only bring it up cause I was hoping it could make its way here by my birthday on 12/4

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the TOJ fishtail is going to be a fishtail not like some of the hoodless parkas/hood inside zipper

(like there is a difference when people say fishtail vs. parka, right?)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
drake, your jacket should be done imminently, there were 3 jackets with custom colored zippers that got delayed because of the zipper dyeing but that's all done and they're probably done by the time i go back and see them tomorrow or Tuesday.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
rs, nice jacket. who makes it?
redface.gif

Yo, young daddies, it's gotten mad cold here so I woke up this morning and knew it's time to get the fishtail off it's ass and moving, so we're on that project. The market works half days on Saturdays and I'm gonna go try to get the rest of the materials squared away on that and it'll be up and out soon, as will the duffle. Both will be warm and long, but I'm already getting that personal attachment to the fishtail project, so you know it's gonna be good.I keep the coats at the same price, but I think I will have to surcharge $25 on top of the $450 for the DUffle this year, as it weighs a lot more than the pea and takes over a yard more inside/outside material-wise than the pea, and the fishtail will weigh even more and take a lot more materials since I'm double-facing two seperate coats (in custom-made materials that have to be run in 100-yard rolls minimum) in that one, so it'll be $50 more, $500 shipped.

Anyway, on the winter coat front, stay tuned, I'm dropping bombs from South Korea.

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
worship.gif

AHShadow

Reaction score
Just bought a Peacoat recently, but maybe I should've waited for the parka uuughh! Would of been perfect from Montreal weather! Maybe i'll save up and just buy both
smile.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ they all serve diffferent purposes, so why not?
redface.gif

delirium

Reaction score
that's not a fishtail parka...

the fishtail parka sounds awesome though. can't wait for the sample - i can imagine myself toasty this winter.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ dude, you need to google 'fishtail parka'

ihatelucy

Reaction score
Oh, you're right, it's an m65. But I mean what are the differences besides a parka being longer and heavier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads