• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official STYLEFORUM x DENIMBAR Party! Friday Feb. 8th

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HATORI HANZO
Jeans look good. My girl saw this post so she wants a pair. Before the party she told me something was seriously wrong with me for buying the awa's and today I caught her studying superdenim in her new nudies and nothing else. She finally understands me. Now I have to support not one, but two denim junkies.
That is hot... Now you're going to have to hide your AWAs!
nudiwj3v4big1c4f7ftk0.jpg
nudiwj3v3big1c0cf8ug1.jpg

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Jeans look good. My girl saw this post so she wants a pair. Before the party she told me something was seriously wrong with me for buying the awa's and today I caught her studying superdenim in her new nudies and nothing else. She finally understands me. Now I have to support not one, but two denim junkies.

LOL! That's too funny. But now that she appreciates denim, you have a problem on your hands. I'll keep you in my prayers...j/k

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The AWA's and the Sami's look the sickest but the masa definitely seems to hold its own compared to the rest, especially the 2010's.

I'd say the denim is a step up from standard Nudies, but still doesn't seem like anything spectacular. To be perfectly honest I don't think there's a whole lot there to justify paying full price for them - no hidden rivets or extra selvedge anywhere, no special buttons or lined back pockets, etc. Just none of the little stuff you'd expect at their price point. All you get is the flags on the inside back of the waistband. Who knows though, maybe being made in Japan gives them some kind of crazy magic fading properties - time will tell, I guess. I haven't really seen any pics of them with heavy wear.

What really drew me to them is the cut. IMO that's the great thing about visiting Denimbar - I never would have thought I'd like this type of cut if Mauro hadn't suggested I try them on. Seeing pics online of others in different styles is great, but it's no substitute for being in the store yourself, trying a ton of different denim on and seeing what looks good on you.

amerikajinda - the fit of your girl in those 5EPs was flat out amazing. You need to post some full shots. I wish more girls would wear raw denim.

Godmother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Little hitman's leather jacket is badass. Where to kop?
laugh.gif

Actually it was vintage Members Only...with tags....I just saw them at Bergdorf's ( adult repros ) for like $500-1200....look on EBAY. They are hot.

Godmother

Reaction score
I want one for my son.

I got it from a great Kids vintage dealer in NYC. Here is the info

Marchand de Legumes
252 Elizabeth Street
New York NY 10012
United States
E-Commerce:No
Price Range:$$$
Phone Number:1-212-965-1954

I can't find the dudes card, but they always carry old deadstock of great kids stuff.

Best,
Godmother

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godmother
I got it from a great Kids vintage dealer in NYC. Here is the info

Marchand de Legumes
252 Elizabeth Street
New York NY 10012
United States
E-Commerce:No
Price Range:$$$
Phone Number:1-212-965-1954

I can't find the dudes card, but they always carry old deadstock of great kids stuff.

Best,
Godmother

Thank's I will be in NYC next month to go shopping and for my girl to get her hair did so I will check it out.

Godmother

Reaction score
]
amerikajinda;882107 said:
Godmother helped me pick out some 5EPs at the party for my girl... she loves 'em! Now if I can only keep her from washing them over the next six months...

So glad you liked the jeans...Did I give her her Denimafia name...seeing as she
" Got Made " and all. Please send me PM. Here are some pics I took. The one of Lil Hitman and I was later that night. D.C. could sure use some better Pizza....
( Manny & Olga's..I should have known better ). Al Tiramisu made up for it on Sat. night. Had a great time...We would love to come down for another party.

Attachment 8674 Attachment 8676 Attachment 8677 Attachment 8678 View attachment 8681

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am happy to hear you made it to Al Taramisu . did it rock or what?
give me a buzz tomorrow if you can.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godmother
We would love to come down for another party.

o m g next time i'm coming with my DS to play wifi with the wee one!!!

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Godmother;883735 said:
]
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Godmother helped me pick out some 5EPs at the party for my girl... she loves 'em! Now if I can only keep her from washing them over the next six months...

So glad you liked the jeans...Did I give her her Denimafia name...seeing as she
" Got Made " and all. Please send me PM. Here are some pics I took. The one of Lil Hitman and I was later that night. D.C. could sure use some better Pizza....
( Manny & Olga's..I should have known better ). Al Tiramisu made up for it on Sat. night. Had a great time...We would love to come down for another party.

Whaaatt... amerikajinda is a woman?
confused.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is going to be bad - to preempt, that is beer in my mouth making me making that face, not ***** (whodini, matt, ed, conne, etc.).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
This is going to be bad - to preempt, that is beer in my mouth making me making that face, not ***** (whodini, matt, ed, conne, etc.).
This...is...gold. I think my head just exploded.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score

I won't, but someone else will. When you feel the stinging sensation, don't pay it any attention,it's just your pride.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
See, I look at those and see a before and after sequence. I see Artisan fan... I ate Artisan fan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads