• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***** The Official Styleforum Donut Thread ***************

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rogue one in the pink bottle? Yeah it tastes like what you'd expect maple bacon beer to taste like, in the worst possible way

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yikes yeah that one i remember it being sold in a pink bottle. no surprise that it tasted like ****, given that it was inspired by the ****** maple donut. but props to the drunk guy whoever he is who was probably drunk off his ass, stumbled his way to voodoo and the lightbulb went off. and then had to try and sell the idea sober

Last edited:

eternaldrake

Reaction score
last year rogue had a chocolate, peanut butter, and banana ale in the ol pepto bismo bomber. not as bad as the maple bacon but not great either

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're preaching to the choir man, the most underrated donut of all time nobody ever touches them except those in the know

told my buddy about them for years and he had no idea wtf i was talkin about, then one day he has one and tells me he had this incredible donut and i said ya dick that's the one i've been telling you about for years

problem is my favorite donut shop in la only makes them in the morning and he has none when i go at midnight
So, essentially, everyone in the know lives north of the border and there are 35M of us. When I lived back home, it used to be my tradition to go for my morning hill run, and then pick up a dozen Tim Horton's donots for the family on the way home. Out of the six of us, at least three wanted at least one cruller.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still don't get this idea that donuts in different shapes deserve new names or are somehow different from each other. They are not! They are not, man! It's the same stuff, rebranded. Just like we call Taco Bell different things when we mash it into various shapes -- taco, burrito, fiesta bowl -- when really, deep down, we know it's the same three ingredients. Donuts are donuts, man. It's mystifying. :puzzled:

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
In Brisbane every Wednesday there is one place that opens for bagels. I have never experienced the culinary finesse of good donuts, unless you count krispy kreme.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still don't get this idea that donuts in different shapes deserve new names or are somehow different from each other. They are not! They are not, man! It's the same stuff, rebranded. Just like we call Taco Bell different things when we mash it into various shapes -- taco, burrito, fiesta bowl -- when really, deep down, we know it's the same three ingredients. Donuts are donuts, man. It's mystifying. :puzzled:

This post really explains a lot about yourself

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Crullers are probably one of the most popular things at Timmy's. Canada loves them, didn't know they weren't so popular in the states.

they're like the red headed step child of the donut world here man, always unloved and untouched in the dozens that coworkers always bring it's so bizarre

So, essentially, everyone in the know lives north of the border and there are 35M of us.  When I lived back home, it used to be my tradition to go for my morning hill run, and then pick up a dozen Tim Horton's donots for the family on the way home.  Out of the six of us, at least three wanted at least one cruller.

easy there cowboy don't give yourself props so fast like you usually do, they are french after all so that would make sense but I think people here are just afraid of the different shape? I mean it's a ******* donut it's probably gonna be delicious no matter what just put it in your mouth

man i feel bad for you where you live, people in orange county are like this as well they'll rate something 5 stars on yelp but that same place would be 3 stars in LA...there are 3 main donut consistencies, the cake ones, the traditional doughy ones and crullers which are unlike the first two...nothing like a chocolate bar fresh out of the oven the ******* things collapse in your hand

not a fan of the cake ones, they try to do red velvet and blueberry and fancy **** like that, no thanks, not a fan of cronuts either give me a chocolate iced round, bar or twist, even a sugar donut done right isn't too sweet

and **** krispy kreme

Last edited:

smelliott

Reaction score
Eat cake for breakfast and you're some kind of slob. Shape the cake into an "O" and cover it with glaze, you're good to go.

I do not eat donuts often, but when I do, I eat a cruller.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all just basically churros in various shapes. Or unflaky cronuts. Cod acras without the fish taste.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not sure if the sales thread is the right place to post this because we have been discussing french crullers and nothing else, but i had a scary incident with a d-retailer this morning. i walked in like joe-schmo with a giant half cruller grin of a face and like a kid put my hands and face to the glass case to discover that the french cruller donuts were OUT of STOCK! can you imagine, always plenty of crullers but i guess thats the power of SF. seeing the disappointment on my face, the nice lady offers a french kiss which is fried cruller dough the shape of a little ball and filled with custard. i opted for just unfilled glazed, fresh out of the fry. praise christ, averted disaster

width

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members