• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to try a pair of slippers, but I find shoes online hard. I've flat and wide feet, which usually poses some problems.

garigo

Reaction score
The Work Shirt, one of my favorite pieces.

IMG_9269.jpeg

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried the slippers when they first came out. They're pretty forgiving. Don't forget to consider if you're planning on wearing them barefoot/thin socks or heavier socks. If you're half size, size down if you have narrowish feet or want to wear them barefoot, size up if your feet is wide.

paris94

Reaction score
Let me know if you decide to try them, would be interesting to hear someone with real life experience.
I have wide feet, likely due to wearing Vans and Chucks during my youth. I wear a size 40 in Belgians and also in Stoffa shoes, without needing to adjust my size for slippers, trainers or socks. Agyesh mentioned consistent sizing throughout, so if I were truly a 39.5, I'd likely round up as they only come in whole sizes. If I wear socks, they are typically the thin "no show" variety, but this doesn't change my sizing with Stoffa's shoes.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have wide feet, likely due to wearing Vans and Chucks during my youth. I wear a size 40 in Belgians and also in Stoffa shoes, without needing to adjust my size for slippers, trainers or socks. Agyesh mentioned consistent sizing throughout, so if I were truly a 39.5, I'd likely round up as they only come in whole sizes. If I wear socks, they are typically the thin "no show" variety, but this doesn't change my sizing with Stoffa's shoes.
I’m usually a 45,5 or 46. Never tried proper Belgians but other brands like Baudoin&Lange I have to size up at least one full size. Even soft shoes like Loro Piana feels sort of tight in 46 but work because they’re so soft. Sadly I feel there’s too much risk of buying online. Since Stòffa seems to have given up on trunks, especially to Stockholm, I guess I’ll have to wait for whenever I’m in NY.

SF3012

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3798.jpg
    IMG_3798.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 244

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out Stoffa shirts for the first time. Do these fit quite relaxed compared to other brands?
Without a undershirt, I sense the shirts feel quite loose especially around the arms and armpits. https://stoffa.co/collections/shirt...-wool-silk-herringbone-long-sleeve-camp-shirt

I see that in some snapshots of their shirts - https://stoffa.co/collections/shirts/products/oat-linen-silk-cotton-twill-spread-collar-shirt
Everybody have a different preference. I think that fit looks spot on, I'd personally want it even longer in the body. That particular model is also not really meant to fit like a dress shirt I'd say, more like a second layer.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out Stoffa shirts for the first time. Do these fit quite relaxed compared to other brands?
Without a undershirt, I sense the shirts feel quite loose especially around the arms and armpits. https://stoffa.co/collections/shirt...-wool-silk-herringbone-long-sleeve-camp-shirt

I see that in some snapshots of their shirts - https://stoffa.co/collections/shirts/products/oat-linen-silk-cotton-twill-spread-collar-shirt

The camp shirts are definitely more of a relaxed fit in the chest and body. They are cut pretty straight with only small taper to the waist. Length is probably fine but can’t really determine from these pictures.

Though, these camp shirts will look better with a slightly wider trouser than what you appear you be wearing. This will cause your outfit to look top heavy and may be the reason why you feel the shirt looks more relaxed/oversized.

Beautiful shirt, nonetheless. I was eyeing this same cloth for another camp shirt.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, just saw on insta they announced their 3-ply wool is being discontinued.
As I assumed that was always a part of the core range, I've never prioritized it but I always wanted to try it in a drawstring or boxpleat, now I'm torn. Don't really have the budget at the moment, but I could make it work, just not sure if it's worth it?
Can anyone who owns it comment if it's that big of a difference to a standard hightwist/fresco?

kalufsen

Reaction score
As I assumed that was always a part of the core range, I've never prioritized it but I always wanted to try it in a drawstring or boxpleat, now I'm torn. Don't really have the budget at the moment, but I could make it work, just not sure if it's worth it?
Can anyone who owns it comment if it's that big of a difference to a standard hightwist/fresco?
Have two, similar properties to fresco but night and day in feel. 3-ply is very comfortable while fresco is not.

sake99

Reaction score

feels closer to drapers 2 ply than 4, but a tad softer imo. Also feels less rough compared to merino brothers high twist 2 ply

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see, so it's basically a very light and smooth high twist. Sounds pretty perfect ha. Might need to fix this then..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads