• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samer

Reaction score
Looks absolutely great! Is this the Sand twill ?
It is, a bit lighter than the basketweave. It's true that its a 1950s repro but it is still very Stoffa - lots of drape, three interior pockets, side entry pockets, really beautiful silhouette. Also not the first foray into workwear with the chore jacket coming before.

tuna roll

Reaction score
Anyone here has the cotton linen twill trousers? I was wondering how they fare in warm weather.

I had my first appointment today. Very happy with the experience, service was very kind, warm and knowledgeable.

I live in a warm weather and was after their 100% linen trousers but they are not making any right now (transitional collection...). Ended up ordering a pair in taupe lightweight wool - very happy with my choice, beautiful fabric. Another recommendation for warm weather was the cotton linen mix. They felt like (light to midweight) cotton chinos to the touch but with more texture due to the linen.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone here has the cotton linen twill trousers? I was wondering how they fare in warm weather. my first choice was 100% linen but they are not making any right now (transitional collection...)
I have them. I feel they work as good as their 100% linen. They are fairly light.

tuna roll

Reaction score
I have them. I feel they work as good as their 100% linen. They are fairly light.
thanks! what color(s) do you have? I'm considering ivory, although taupe looks good as well...

tuna roll

Reaction score
Anyone has the black gauze trousers? I don’t wear much black but after seeing them in person it feels and looks so good that I’m tempted.

On another note, I got to try their footwear last week. I’m a 9 Brannock and their 42 fits me well (TTS according to their size chart). Fairly snug all around but not too tight. About half an inch of toe room which feels good. Tried 43 for reference and it had a bit too much wiggle room.

Sizing is consistent across all the models and fabrics, which is a good sign. I got the open laces in chocolate suede. Thinking about getting a pair of slippers as well. All colors and materials are beautiful and very versatile, it was hard to choose.

tuna roll

Reaction score
Anyone has a woven shirt in the cotton-wool-cashmere mix? Like the one below.

I’m thinking about getting one. They mention it’s dry clean only but I’m tempted to just wash gently by hand. Wondering if anyone tried this.

tuna roll

Reaction score
(sorry for flooding the thread with another question)

anyone from Europe or another region with import duties ordered recently from Stoffa? I'm curious about their policy to charge a flat fee for shipping including duties ($60) for orders above $300. Do they declare a lower value for the items? Otherwise if would ammount to a substantial duty expense for them...

paris94

Reaction score
Anyone has a woven shirt in the cotton-wool-cashmere mix? Like the one below.

I’m thinking about getting one. They mention it’s dry clean only but I’m tempted to just wash gently by hand. Wondering if anyone tried this.

I have two of a similar model/cut. I take mine to the cleaners, but I think you could ask the guys for a home care recommendation. I imagine they'd give you a straight answer.

tuna roll

Reaction score
I have two of a similar model/cut. I take mine to the cleaners, but I think you could ask the guys for a home care recommendation. I imagine they'd give you a straight answer.
thanks, I'll do that. I usually don't take care instructions at face value because brands tend to be conservative, but I'm sure they'll give me an honest answer.

I'm thinking I could use one of those "dry clean at home kits", but I'll ask them first.

paris94

Reaction score
thanks, I'll do that. I usually don't take care instructions at face value because brands tend to be conservative, but I'm sure they'll give me an honest answer.

I'm thinking I could use one of those "dry clean at home kits", but I'll ask them first.
yep, I've used that on a couple of their pieces without any issue. I think the care labels tend to over emphasize the dry cleaning option because the home options can vary wildly. It's likely a protective measure for some of their pieces so people don't complain that they followed the instructions but their shirt was still ruined. Just a hunch.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked Stoffa a few years ago what product they used and it was The Laundress. I’ve used their various products for handwashing ever since. Dry cleaning items I send to Rave FabricCare since they are exceptional.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davm22