• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

westie187

Reaction score
I'll try something. So I sent back some Bourbon AE Fort Collins for mis-fit (eh?) And got Brown Leeds.

Before I ruin them by just trying it, does anybody have experience treating AE Brown with AE Bourbon shoe cream? (I know I shouldn't have opened it already :D)

Here's the brown one for reference:

The best solution is to not wear loafers.

andrew-dice-clay-oh-o.gif

Alrighy then, at least you are being honest, LOL!

Mother goose....?

Little Boy Blue... He needed the money. OOOHHH

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was definitely the manufacturering. I'm still not convinced I didn't get a half size too large. But this would explain the heel slip on the right side. Trickers had been contacted but, since these are the made in Italy line and on final sale... Expectations are low.

bambang

Reaction score
20246990756_c374f5f7e4_c.jpg

i had my shoe being wax,after cleaned it with renovatuer there was a spot like in the picture
after let it dried i continued to put some cream and it the spot get darker. after leaving it for 1 day to dry the spot still right there. anyone ever happen this thing before?

Last edited:

Te3k

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wore my Chippewa workboots kayaking today: Chippewa Men's Six-Inch Chocolate Apache Steel Toe Lace-Up Boot.

Here are some pictures of what they looked like new:

Although they stayed mostly dry during the trip, they got soaked in salt water during the landing phase, with the saltiest of water going over and into the uppers and getting my boots wet inside and out. I've rinsed them as best as I can with fresh running water (cold), and they're currently drying in a cool place indoors with the insoles out.

The only protectant I had on them before the trip was a stain-blocker/water repellant spray. Clearly, they're going to need some reconditioning. Before I washed them, the leather felt dryish and tough, as though it had lost some oils, and as though it would dry into a crispy/inflexible, damage-prone state. Here they are now, currently soaked through after just having been hand-washed:

(Sorry for the **** lighting, but you get the point.)

I'm not sure which products to apply. What's recommended? I'm considering Obenaufs, neatsfoot oil, and Preservation Solution's leather rejuvenator.

Would you stuff them with paper while they dry?

I remember reading a thread on I think StyleForum a while ago about a guy who took what I think were Wolverine 1Ks (maybe Iron Rangers) out into salt-water all the time, fully soaking them, while looking around for rocks (he was a hobby geologist or something). He'd totally soak them in the ocean water, and always restore them back again. I forget what his regimen is and I couldn't find the thread, but the fact that he does that and succeeds in doing so again and again gives me hope that with proper care, my boots will be fine.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wore my Chippewa workboots kayaking today: Chippewa Men's Six-Inch Chocolate Apache Steel Toe Lace-Up Boot.

Here are some pictures of what they looked like new:

Although they stayed mostly dry during the trip, they got soaked in salt water during the landing phase, with the saltiest of water going over and into the uppers and getting my boots wet inside and out. I've rinsed them as best as I can with fresh running water (cold), and they're currently drying in a cool place indoors with the insoles out.

The only protectant I had on them before the trip was a stain-blocker/water repellant spray. Clearly, they're going to need some reconditioning. Before I washed them, the leather felt dryish and tough, as though it had lost some oils, and as though it would dry into a crispy/inflexible, damage-prone state. Here they are now, currently soaked through after just having been hand-washed:

(Sorry for the **** lighting, but you get the point.)

I'm not sure which products to apply. What's recommended? I'm considering Obenaufs, neatsfoot oil, and Preservation Solution's leather rejuvenator.

Would you stuff them with paper while they dry?

I remember reading a thread on I think StyleForum a while ago about a guy who took what I think were Wolverine 1Ks (maybe Iron Rangers) out into salt-water all the time, fully soaking them, while looking around for rocks (he was a hobby geologist or something). He'd totally soak them in the ocean water, and always restore them back again. I forget what his regimen is and I couldn't find the thread, but the fact that he does that and succeeds in doing so again and again gives me hope that with proper care, my boots will be fine.

Welcome to the forum, te3k. Hopefully @Crat will chime in because he is a pro at this.

Te3k

Reaction score
Thanks, Murlsquirl!

The advice I got so far is to let them dry naturally for a few days, swapping paper out of them nightly. Once dry, make a solution of half vinegar and half water and wipe them down to remove leftover salt that was missed by my freshwater rinse. Then, apply Lexol cleaner and conditioner.

Another guy said to hit it with a couple coats of coconut oil.

What do you guys think about these suggestions?

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today for the first time I used Saphir wax, and I am absolutely blown away. It simply lives up to the hype and love it gets on this site. I had been trying to get a proper mirror with Kiwi and did not get the results I wanted. Long and short is I'm never using anything but Saphir wax again.

Kimistry

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been trying to figure out which Saphir cream and wax polish to get for these shoes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

garland

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been trying to figure out which Saphir cream and wax polish to get for these shoes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say medium brown. You could alternate some mahogany occasionally if you want a slightly red tint.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads