• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lord Nick

Reaction score

KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SIZING REGARDING THE SLIM FIT RAWS SELVEDGE? MY WAIST IS A 30. TIA

It's been a while since I purchased my slim fit raws and back then they were Japanese and sizing was all over the place, but of all the pants I've bought lately, denim and otherwise, my actual waist is 32 and I buy 30s in RRL, so if your actual waist is 30 I'd go with a 29 or 28. If you have decent size thighs you might want to consider straight legs. If you need actual measurements you can call a store and they will measure a pair for you.

frusace

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm going with a 28 don't have big thighs so I should be fine. For $120 can't beat that!

It's been a while since I purchased my slim fit raws and back then they were Japanese and sizing was all over the place, but of all the pants I've bought lately, denim and otherwise, my actual waist is 32 and I buy 30s in RRL, so if your actual waist is 30 I'd go with a 29 or 28. If you have decent size thighs you might want to consider straight legs. If you need actual measurements you can call a store and they will measure a pair for you.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i have the white officers

they are pretty nice. same fit as others so got them tapered. they are kinda off white/cream with a speckled feature. so not as hard to wear as straight white pants. perf for spring/summer

subdivide

Reaction score

Does anyone know where I might find this Utility Jacket from SS12? In Large or XL.

I've got a saved search on eBay for 'RRL Utility Jacket' but all that turns up is M43 style jackets with smaller chest pockets.

More images here

I've got this jacket in a size Medium if you're interested. Perfect condition, and it fits big. Send me a PM, thanks.

midcut

Reaction score
I was in the RRL Mount St (London) store over the weekend, where they told me RRL pricing is coming down from this season. For example, the indigo oxford BD shirt is £130 where it was £140 last season.

Last edited:

eczerwonka

Reaction score

I was in the RRL Mount St (London) store over the weekend, where they told me RRL pricing is coming down from this season. For example, the indigo oxford BD shirt is £130 where it was £140 last season.

I was able to stop by there recently during a stop over on the way to see my in-laws in Poland. Since I had only ever been to the RRL section in the Chicago store once, being in the London RRL was like being a kid in a candy store. It was sensory overload... my wife was just laughing at me. I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot. Too bad the exchange rate really sucked.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too funny. That size did not appear on the RRL site. So, I called RL and placed a phone order asking for yesterday's price of $104.40. Instead, they offered to sell them to me for $87. :puzzled: :slayer:

Between 30x32 and 32x34, one of them should work.

Well, it looks like the 30x32 weren't actually available! :angry:

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I have the natural officer's chino and I really like them. Ordinarily I would never wear pants that light in color, but they pair particularly well with the Allen jacket. Sadly, my first night wearing them I went to an Italian party and the pants ended up with a sizable red wine stain on one leg. The stain has faded considerably, but it is still visible. I figure since it is RRL, it just means I did the distressing myself.

Makes me wonder how that pair of white denim SFU picked up is turning out.
Pics?

I have decided that I abhor bucklebacks. When I finally get home again in a couple of weeks, I'm going to purge all of my RRL pants with that ridiculous male bustle.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the natural officer's chino and I really like them. Ordinarily I would never wear pants that light in color, but they pair particularly well with the Allen jacket. Sadly, my first night wearing them I went to an Italian party and the pants ended up with a sizable red wine stain on one leg. The stain has faded considerably, but it is still visible. I figure since it is RRL, it just means I did the distressing myself.

Makes me wonder how that pair of white denim SFU picked up is turning out.
Pics?

I have decided that I abhor bucklebacks. When I finally get home again in a couple of weeks, I'm going to purge all of my RRL pants with that ridiculous male bustle.

I havent been wearing them really since its been 90 degrees with 100% humidity all the time here. Ill probably break them out for fall. I dont drink though so no danger of wine stains :fonz:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads