• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know if this bag is legit?

1712153653663.jpeg

1712153664599.jpeg
1712153686910.jpeg

kurdo

Reaction score
Question.

I got this coat a few years back. I like it, but it's too big. I got it in size medium, but should have gotten it in size small (it's designed to be oversized, which I don't particularly like).

Is there a reliable way to shrink this jacket in the washing machine and/or dryer? There are plenty of guides online, but I prefer to get advice from people familiar with this brand/this type of jacket before throwing it in the washer :laugh:

s7-1445014_lifestyle.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Question.

I got this coat a few years back. I like it, but it's too big. I got it in size medium, but should have gotten it in size small (it's designed to be oversized, which I don't particularly like).

Is there a reliable way to shrink this jacket in the washing machine and/or dryer? There are plenty of guides online, but I prefer to get advice from people familiar with this brand/this type of jacket before throwing it in the washer :laugh:

View attachment 2160367
Ain’t no way that’s going to shrink. Dryer will just f up the oil cloth finish.

GermanDude

Reaction score
id say embrace the oversized look or use it for layering with thicker sweaters underneath
Question.

View attachment 2160367

kurdo

Reaction score
I intended to wash it (cold) regardless, but will skip doing even that. Glad I asked my question here, prefer an oversized coat over a ruined one 😃

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Rule of thumb is to never wash oilcloth and if you do, be ready to refinish it. Of course also prepare for it to get stinky.

kurdo

Reaction score
Rule of thumb is to never wash oilcloth and if you do, be ready to refinish it. Of course also prepare for it to get stinky.
Had no idea, thank you for the information. It's the only oilcloth thing I own, never even considered that it would require different care. Will leave it alone and let the rain do the cleaning :laugh:

kurdo

Reaction score
Returned from my London trip. Visited almost all of the recommended shops, including the Ralph flagship store & Double RL store. The Double RL store is so tiny ... done in a moment.

Left the main store with a new pair of vintage black selvedge jeans and the indigo linen camp shirt.

Sizing:

I got the vintage black jeans in size W31. I also tried on the slim fit black jeans in size W34, but that was too tight! The slim fit sizing is unreliable and an easy pass for me. The shirt is quite heavyweight for a linen shirt, but I like it. Both look much better in person than on the website.

s7-1489346_lifestyle.jpg
s7-1501525_lifestyle.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pretty sure I saw that in the RL Beverly Hills store.
How much is it? :)

Was that awhile ago? Now that I'm thinking about it, I recall wanting this bag when it was on Context Clothing like 10 years ago. It was $27 from a thrift.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that cuff! You can always tighten it up!

What style of cuff do you have as well? and how are you wearing it so tightly?
I am looking at picking up another cuff from them in the near future. trying to figure out what to get.

I got a couple recently but think I prefer the heavyweight versions as I have larger wrists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads