• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New work shirt from the S/S stuff.

IMG_1606.jpeg

michaelvl

Reaction score
View attachment 2139449

Does anyone own or have handled this oilcloth jacket? I'm wondering if it fits large similar to a barbour or it's more of a slimmer fit at your true size.

I have the 2021 version of this coat. Basically the cloth, collar, inner lining and buttons are the same. This version has a different pocket design, and is styled quite a bit different than the older version. An example of the one I have is up for sale on eBay, see the following link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/204634873816?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

The older version is intended to have a spacious fit, as such coats are designed for hunting and other country side activities etc.

I wear a size M in basically everything and also have the 2021 version of the coat in size M. I can easily wear a thick cardigan underneath and it doesn't feel constricting. I definitely couldn't pull of a size larger. Said size is the correct size for me in this coat as the overall it fits well, the arm length is spot on as well as how it sits on the shoulders.

WaltDud

Reaction score
New work shirt from the S/S stuff.

View attachment 2139905
Reminds me of that shirt that Ralph wore in that one interview where he got it from K-Mart and has been wearing it for decades:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-06-at-10.34.24-PM-1024x568.jpg

More on it in this article:

Also, waffle knit henley's under the workshirts is still a filthy combo.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of that shirt from that Ralph wore in that interview where he got it from K-Mart and has been wearing for decades:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-06-at-10.34.24-PM-1024x568.jpg

More on it in this article:

Also, waffle knit henley's under the workshirts is still a filthy combo.

I always that was hilarious that he did that. RL execs must have been pissed lol

WaltDud

Reaction score
Lol yes it's the opposite message they're trying to send: "BUY MORE STUFFS." Although I think RRL's shirts would absolutely last decades.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol yes it's the opposite message they're trying to send: "BUY MORE STUFFS." Although I think RRL's shirts would absolutely last decades.
I suppose that Kmart stuff back in the day was probably decent to good quality, otherwise it would have never blown up. Honestly even today, Walmart/Costco clothes do still have decent quality, but you need to dig through alot of BS to find them. Kirkland Signature for example... mediocre fit but decent quality.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
New buzz rickson a-2 deck jacket with an RRL button down and Mr freedom jeans. This buzz jacket is amazing, just need it to drop below 60 in Denver for the next week 20240227_140343.jpg

oksir83

Reaction score
Thanks for the extensive write-ups @jmiller123 & @zippyh (love all those jackets!), really appreciate the time you've taken to reply. Good to know not all their stuff is locally made anymore – that's what I thought after reading all those instagram posts.

I'll definitely look into this brand further after reading your comments. Their jackets attract me the most; this wool-lined denim cruiser is what first caught my eye. It looks rugged, stylish, and comfy:

View attachment 2125693

I recently picked up this Filson jacket on eBay and love it. Be aware it is quite oversized though. I typically wear a L in RRL and even XL in some brands and had to size down to a M. A S also fit, but I didn't have much room to layer underneath. M is slightly roomy, but can easily fit some good layers. I can't wait to see how this jacket breaks in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads