• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Any intel on this belt? When released, pricing, was it really RRL or some polo thing? Ty.

IMG_0203.jpeg
IMG_0204.jpeg
IMG_0205.jpeg
IMG_0206.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cultizm 23% off MAF23 code.
They take off VAT and seems to be free ship at 250 Euros which applies to US orders.
If you don't want to do math, a 399 Euro items ends up being 258 Euros (about $275) shipped to US.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about streaks and excess fading I have on my field trousers from this SS season. My pants got wet from unexpected rain and I washed them as I would with other clothes- 30c / laundry bag / low agitation & line dry.
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 5.59.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 6.00.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 6.00.18 PM.png

However, what I found was there were streaks, fades, almost like I’ve worn the pants out- this was my first wash after 3 wears. Where did I mess up? I guess I should have turned the pants inside out before putting them in the washer but is this something you see commonly happening with their chinos? I have their shirts / knits but never experienced need for extraordinary care

This is my first chinos/RRL trousers and I am not sure if this is the characteristics of RRL chinos, I also just bought a pair of Officer Chinos and this feels even softer than the cinched trousers. What should I do to not let the streaks happen on this one?

fwedo

Reaction score
same story here. you didn't screw up.
Mine is a rigid chino officer from 2014, first wash 2 or 3 years after (yeah i know), and i also have those too...I don't like that very much, and i have no explanation...they are impossible to remove but the more you wash, the more it melts into the fabric, and it gives something ok at the end.
Capture d’écran 2023-09-17 à 12.16.53.png

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about streaks and excess fading I have on my field trousers from this SS season. My pants got wet from unexpected rain and I washed them as I would with other clothes- 30c / laundry bag / low agitation & line dry.

However, what I found was there were streaks, fades, almost like I’ve worn the pants out- this was my first wash after 3 wears. Where did I mess up? I guess I should have turned the pants inside out before putting them in the washer but is this something you see commonly happening with their chinos? I have their shirts / knits but never experienced need for extraordinary care

This is my first chinos/RRL trousers and I am not sure if this is the characteristics of RRL chinos, I also just bought a pair of Officer Chinos and this feels even softer than the cinched trousers. What should I do to not let the streaks happen on this one?

I’ve heard you have to cancel the spin cycle, or else they can streak - though that sounds just like a huge pain…

fwedo

Reaction score
RLPL jeans are now between 700 and 950 for the exact same models...

They even forgot to delete the old page for one model, then you can choose if you prefer the old (395) or the new price (690).

They kill PL and that's sad. Not a single historic client will be ok to pay 80% more for the exact same product. And new money is probably looking for something else.

Capture d’écran 2023-09-17 à 16.42.34.png
Capture d’écran 2023-09-17 à 16.42.28.png

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLPL jeans are now between 700 and 950 for the exact same models...
They even forgot to delete the old page for one model, then you can choose if you prefer the old (395) or the new price (690).
They kill PL and that's sad. Not a single historic client will be ok to pay 80% more for the exact same product. And new money is probably looking for something else.
Mechanical watch enthusiasts would say otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads