• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oceansaway

Reaction score
On chain stitching, I took my straights to Burg & Schild in Berlin, a cool store, though they no longer carry RRL. They did a chain stitch for 20 euros. It looks ok. I had to sandpaper the ends a bit to re-distress them. I certainly preferred the original hem. In the past, I've had tailors remove and re-attach the original bottom, which looks better.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Striped twill jacket, denim field chinos, hat. Tricker's
stripedtwill.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Blurry airplane lav fit pic. Polka dot indigo work shirt, shorty denim jacket, low straights.

IMG_7643.jpeg

MrImpractical

Reaction score
Anyone know if the vintage 5 pockets in east-west rinse listed on the site are sanforized? Customer service doesn’t seem to have any idea one way or the other.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Anyone know if the vintage 5 pockets in east-west rinse listed on the site are sanforized? Customer service doesn’t seem to have any idea one way or the other.
Sanfornized. They had a shrink to fit about 2 or so years ago, but the core standard denim they produce season after season is one wash. Hope this helps

MrImpractical

Reaction score
Sanfornized. They had a shrink to fit about 2 or so years ago, but the core standard denim they produce season after season is one wash. Hope this helps
Thanks! always hard to size denim without shrinkage info in the description. Weird that all the others in that cut are labeled as sanforized as well.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we had a couple posts in here last week about hemming services and Blue Owl in Seattle was mentioned and I had used them in the past for jeans purchased there but never sent anything off to them.

I wanted to give a little update - I mailed them two pair to be hemmed on Friday and they arrived out there Monday and were hemmed that afternoon and packed up and sent back out to me yesterday (Tuesday) morning. The USPS website says I should have them tomorrow. Of course I haven't received them yet so I cannot comment on the finished product but I've always been happy with their work and expect the same this time so really just wanted to shout them out for the lightning fast turnaround!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Vegas Polo store has been remodeled recently and now has a much larger RRL section. They had a bunch of new season stuff not online yet. Some of it’s online at Canoe Club.

The graphic T’s are now 100% cotton and heavy weight. Picked up this one.
IMG_7728.jpeg

The faded nylon western overshirt was a winner.
IMG_7731.jpeg

Some crappy pics. I liked the indigo western with flag logo.
IMG_7722.jpeg

Turquoise rodeo flannel has some appeal.
IMG_7721.jpeg

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
The Vegas Polo store has been remodeled recently and now has a much larger RRL section. They had a bunch of new season stuff not online yet. Some of it’s online at Canoe Club.

The graphic T’s are now 100% cotton and heavy weight. Picked up this one.
View attachment 2012795

The faded nylon western overshirt was a winner.
View attachment 2012799

Some crappy pics. I liked the indigo western with flag logo.
View attachment 2012801

Turquoise rodeo flannel has some appeal.
View attachment 2012803
Did you say turqiouse rodeo flannel....:drool:

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Also can someone please explain why RRL is puting this collar details on so many shirts recently ? As far as I am concerned, I find it ugly when worn open and I dont like to button my shirt up to the collar...Historical detail or not, they did not have it on so many shirt a few seasons ago...
I can see how the chinstrap can be off-putting for a lot of people. As to why, I can tell you from experience that RRL replicates exact copies of original garments. There was a rather unique jersey workshirt I was hunting down some years ago after the last/final markdown. My SA at time, who now works with vintage sourcing, told me that not only was my jersey shirt an exact replica, but he actually also met the gentleman (a guy up in Massachusetts) that sold them the original. So, that original workshirt has a chinstrap, and your RRL workshirt also has a chinstrap too.

As to purpose of the chinstrap, it’s an adjustable neck size feature used back in the 1920-40’s mainly on workshirts. So, the shirt fits for more than one neck size. I was recently reading about the chinstrap used on vintage American workwear in one of the AVANT magazine/book issues Anthology of American Workwear.

The RRL flagship store on West B’Way had an event back in March with both Eric Maggiori (the vintage clothing author of AVANT) and his brother Mark Maggiori (the Western realist painter) for the new release of the AVANT Magazine: Anthology of Western Wear. It was pretty cool. Anyway, all the issues of Avant Magazine (I believe there are 5 books now) are definitely worth purchasing if you are into vintage wear. Here’s an oddity, I was missing one of the issues so I bought it online from Hepcat, which is in Sweden …. the book arrived at my house by DHL the very next day. The books cost about $35 ….. or approximately 385.21 Krona (if you like)

Last edited:

Mollysdad

Reaction score
A take of two RRL Jean jackets - on the right, a noticeably shorter jacket length than on the left - when / why did this happen? Otherwise, identical.

IMG_9977.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member