• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Rogue Territory does a really great Tan Ridgeline waxed canvas jacket that I keep seeing everywhere. The wear on this thing is really incredible. Here it is on May 17th

..... and then again May 27th

The RGT jacket retails for $295.
..... and apparently this Ridgeline jacket has been featured in a bunch of movies.
I have an old Barbour jacket and know Filson also does waxed jackets, but has RRL ever done a similar type waxed canvas jacket?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RRL has done Barbour lookalike wax cotton jackets and vests but I don’t recall anything with the patina potential like that.

Freecard

Reaction score
I have never seen them in person but I would prefer the look of the Bradley Mountain jackets over the one of RGT :

bwfilms

Reaction score
Anyone bought these? How do they fit/feel? Thanks...

Indigo Striped Pocket T-Shirt
1622153048407.png

Indigo Striped Jersey Overshirt
1622153339438.png

juniorsample

Reaction score

dukarelli

Reaction score
Rogue Territory does a really great Tan Ridgeline waxed canvas jacket that I keep seeing everywhere. The wear on this thing is really incredible. Here it is on May 17th

..... and then again May 27th

The RGT jacket retails for $295.
..... and apparently this Ridgeline jacket has been featured in a bunch of movies.
I have an old Barbour jacket and know Filson also does waxed jackets, but has RRL ever done a similar type waxed canvas jacket?

RRL has done Barbour lookalike wax cotton jackets and vests but I don’t recall anything with the patina potential like that.

the RGT waxed supply jackets are great. nice tailored fit and solid materials and construction. i have the tan and olive waxed and also the denim 'river wash' version. i recently sold my RRL Barbour lookalike on eBay which i was sorry to part with but i lost some weight last year and it never fit right afterwards. it had all the barbour details, cotton tartan lining (cooler on the rrl version - color and cotton was more washed out and muted), corduroy collar (also cooler on the rrl) deep hand warmer pockets and also a removable snap hood. it even had that circular zipper pull. it certainly had a wonderful patina to it by the end. if i can ever find one in a smaller size i will pick it up immediately. i even wore it to a RRL store and an SA was like "sick barbour" and i was like nah it's rrl
ralphlauren-rrl-waxed-cotton-coat.jpg

Last edited:

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Speaking of lifestyle products, I kinda want this Smokey the Bear set from Filson.
20210279_FrstGrnTan_main_01.png
Now those plates are cool! They have a vintage look ..... no huge Filson logo ..... I just wonder now if they are on the Home section of the Filson website. I don’t want to discover next that Led Zeplin once made a Christmas album “The Sounds of The Season” featuring holiday tunes by Burt Bacharach. I’d also like to think that my Doug Bihlmaier is off in some flea market in Bangkok arm wresting with Nigel Carbourn over a pair of original Levi‘s instead of sourcing chipped plates at some William & Sonoma meet-up in Kansas. Then my count of enchanted people would diminish by one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads