• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the tweed over shirt from the Irish country collection in any of the stores or buy it?
I’m assuming long gone. It’s a shame now it’s above retail on eBay.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Lol - not all that glitters... is gold.

EDAA5E52-A3A5-4F60-80B8-647AA286C2C0.png
9F83AA65-B4EC-49D5-ADA1-9A1FA79BF174.png

heebalabala

Reaction score
Yesterday was considering the puffy hooded parka. Had to call in to a webex meeting and when I came back it was OOS in my size.
s7-1375133_lifestyle

I had also been considering the furry hood parka and managed to convince myself I needed it no matter how overkill it is for Seattle winters and ordered it.
s7-1375134_lifestyle

And of course this morning I checked and the red puffy hooded parka was back in stock so I ordered that too.
I tell myself, assuming they both actually ship, I'll return one of them. We'll see how that actually goes.

I also ordered the wool twill peacoat but unless the fit is funky I know I'll keep that.
Really love my gold puffer from last F/W. That red looks fantastic -- would have been all over that if I didn't have the gold. The peacoat was incredibly tempting as well.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it. That makes sense -- I think the selvedge was a slim fit because I sized up from my usual size.

Did you see the selvedge trucker was moved up to RLPL this season, made in Italy from stretch Japanese denim, for a cool $1k?

RRL
rrljack.jpg

RLPL
rlpljack.jpg

The $600 difference can easily be explained by the metal collar chain said to be forged by the hands of Ralph himself.

Mind you, the collar shape on the RLPL is better, not $600 better, but better.

heebalabala

Reaction score
RRL
View attachment 1578197

RLPL
View attachment 1578198

The $600 difference can easily be explained by the metal collar chain said to be forged by the hands of Ralph himself.

Mind you, the collar shape on the RLPL is better, not $600 better, but better.
And don't forget the value-added side pockets!

Even how the jackets are styled in the photos is interesting. RLPL: Clean, straight, symmetrical, unwrinkled. RLL: Wrinkled, rough, angled, unsymmetrical. Who do you want to be?

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Lol - not all that glitters... is gold.

View attachment 1578049 View attachment 1578050

i don’t have the same take on these photos. I think that is probably an old photo and it looks like Ralph coming onto the runway after one of his fashion shows wearing sneakers and baggy jeans. To me the way he’s dressed is more of a power move ..... he’s not all pimped up because frankly ..... it sends a message that he doesn’t have to be. The first time I walked into a real estate closing room for a rather large piece of commercial real estate there were 7 guys sitting around the closing table; the property owner, bank attorney, borrower’s attorney, banker, broker, title closer ..... 6 guys were all wearing suits and one guy was wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt. I’ll give you just one guess which of those guys was wearing the t-shirt. The property owner didn’t wear a suit because he didn’t need to impress anyone, it was everyone else that was trying to impress him. It‘s kinda like when you’re at a cocktail function and you want a drink. Just look around the room for the guy wearing a tuxedo because he’s also likely to be holding a tray.

noretailplease

Reaction score
i don’t have the same take on these photos. I think that is probably an old photo and it looks like Ralph coming onto the runway after one of his fashion shows wearing sneakers and baggy jeans. To me the way he’s dressed is more of a power move ..... he’s not all pimped up because frankly ..... it sends a message that he doesn’t have to be. The first time I walked into a real estate closing room for a rather large piece of commercial real estate there were 7 guys sitting around the closing table; the property owner, bank attorney, borrower’s attorney, banker, broker, title closer ..... 6 guys were all wearing suits and one guy was wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt. I’ll give you just one guess which of those guys was wearing the t-shirt. The property owner didn’t wear a suit because he didn’t need to impress anyone, it was everyone else that was trying to impress him. It‘s kinda like when you’re at a cocktail function and you want a drink. Just look around the room for the guy wearing a tuxedo because he’s also likely to be holding a tray.

2005 wasn’t that long ago... so still a miss.

F1CA36EA-A346-4E7A-916F-3FC38B7C31E5.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads