• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RamiJ

Reaction score
The curse of the too-short-2020 RRL strikes again; I really like this piece in both design and comfort but I just can’t make it work with it hitting above the belt :confused:

View attachment 1555485
Ah man what a bummer but you’re right. How tall are you and what size is that? Almost ordered from Stag sale but got cart jacked with the code not working. Kind of thinking I would have had the same fit issue.

shryver

Reaction score
Ah man what a bummer but you’re right. How tall are you and what size is that? Almost ordered from Stag sale but got cart jacked with the code not working. Kind of thinking I would have had the same fit issue.

I’m 5’10” and that’s an L which is my normal RRL size, I wasn’t trying to size down or anything

RamiJ

Reaction score
I’m 5’10” and that’s an L which is my normal RRL size, I wasn’t trying to size down or anything
Wow! Those proportions definitely feel off in that case. Such a shame ... that print is so good. Hoping they start to bring some more normal length options in upcoming seasons.

heebalabala

Reaction score

shryver

Reaction score
Where does a jean jacket normally hit you? If similarly, have you tried styling this jacket the same if you have room to layer?

Great question— here’s my cheap-o Lee jean jacket hitting just below the belt but that’s an M, as opposed to L, and it still hits lower. I did try a few things with the RRL piece, especially layering over it, but there’s not enough there for me to justify keeping it.
FFE95E35-3AD6-4A36-BAB6-963B732A51C1.jpeg

bwfilms

Reaction score
The curse of the too-short-2020 RRL strikes again; I really like this piece in both design and comfort but I just can’t make it work with it hitting above the belt :confused:

View attachment 1555485

The sleeves also seem short. I'd think if you size up, the sleeves and body would be fine (but then the chest area might be too big since what you have now seems to be a good fit).

I have the itchy green/black gingham, and while the body is short as designed, the sleeves are long enough (I have somewhat short arms though so it's hard to tell whether they might be short on someone)

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
If you’re considering this sweatshirt I recommend sizing up.. sized up to XL and love the fit. slightly oversized ( I like my hoodies and sweatshirts big) but will shrink a tad in the wash. FYI Im a large but usually lean towards a medium.. this is the first XL anything I’ve purchased in a long time. 6’2 175lb for reference. Also I’ve been living in it.. We are snowed in and it’s 10 degrees in Texas currently ?
2FCE6C80-2CAA-402D-AE9B-84F20C20DA61.jpeg

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
Beware of this seller.. he seems to have a stock of the fake denim shirts he keeps posting for auction.. Most of his photos are from a retail site, very few from the actual shirt he’s selling. The tell-all for me is the gap between the pocket stitching and pocket flaps. A bad reproduction yet people are still buying them! ? this makes me wonder about the “good” reproductions. If the pocket stitching were correct on these, it would be much harder to pinpoint.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The sleeves also seem short. I'd think if you size up, the sleeves and body would be fine (but then the chest area might be too big since what you have now seems to be a good fit).

I have the itchy green/black gingham, and while the body is short as designed, the sleeves are long enough (I have somewhat short arms though so it's hard to tell whether they might be short on someone)

I have the black/red/grey shirt in L and the itchy green/black in XL. The itchy XL is a fraction of an inch longer. The b/r/g hits about at bottom of belt when I’m wearing current season olive cargo pants. I’m 6 foot even but of course proportions differ person to person.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't really worn RRL jeans in years as I've gravitated toward jeans with stretch in them as I've gotten older but are there any similar washed jeans with stretch in something similar to the low straight fit? The distressing and weight on RRL is perfect.

Never ended up getting a cardigan but this one was sooo good:

Momoa%20Glamping%20Escape%20_0002_Layer%207.jpg

Love the look of it with the mountaineering sunglasses. Want to buy one but the recent ones haven't done it for me.

noretailplease

Reaction score
I haven't really worn RRL jeans in years as I've gravitated toward jeans with stretch in them as I've gotten older but are there any similar washed jeans with stretch in something similar to the low straight fit? The distressing and weight on RRL is perfect.

Love the look of it with the mountaineering sunglasses. Want to buy one but the recent ones haven't done it for me.

levis 511s have stretch, but may be a bit pedestrian for this group.

heebalabala

Reaction score

Now I'm nowhere near as cool as Momoa but I love that sweater too -- the colors are absolutely killer. That's a good prompt to mix up how I wear it. I'll be sure to bring it along the next time I'm rock climbing haha.

IMG_6440.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
*************** SALE UPDATE ***************

The sale has already started today (Feb 16th) in stores even though it hasn’t happened on the website yet. I walked over to my local RRL store earlier today and have already made a sales purchase. So contact your sales associate !

I haven’t seen it mentioned on the thread yet and I believe there was some question at the time whether it would happen or not, but in case you haven’t heard yet, I found out last week (and just confirmed) that there are also further markdowns on the last Fall 1 (Lighthouse/Indigo) sale items.

Note: When you start to see authorized RRL dealers making additional markdowns on their store websites (a week or more ago) then you can pretty much assume RRL will also be making the same or greater price cuts.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member