• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@zmars summed up my thoughts on Bronson pretty well (especially the point about checking both Bronson and Olderbeast as sometimes you find a slightly better price on one site v the other, from what I assume are the exact same factory/warehouse).

I will note that 2 or 3 years ago, Bronson’s prices were insanely cheap… like KMart in the ‘90s cheap. But they’ve risen substantially over the past 18+ months. I really like a lot of their trousers, but at the current prices I’d rather pay a bit more and get something from Fullcount or RRL.

Bronson’s sizing can be wonky but I’ve never been disappointed with the quality of stuff I have gotten from them (my orders have all been trousers, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and a couple chambray shirts).

zmars

Reaction score
At the time I bought the jacket, I wasn't aware that it was a repro, but rather thought is was an original RRL design. Neither was I aware that it was (lightly) distressed. It seemed from the pictures online to be just a light wash denim jacket, sans abrasions etc. Those light abrasions had sneaked past my radar, I also had it drop shipped from the States as it wasn't available in Europe at the time, and returning it would be quite a hassle, so I kept it.

Furthermore I will never buy anything from any brand that has faux wear, abrasions, paint splashes, dirt marks or mends on it etc. Everything I own by RRL basically looks either like a contemporary piece but with the RRL flair that we all love or like a N.O.S. vintage piece.

I think that RRL offers a great selection of vintage workwear pieces, some with faux patina and some without.
I was just talking with my partner about this. We both dislike pre-distressing and prefer when pieces naturally become worn. But there's always exceptions/gray area. She loves very light wash faded jeans, which are obviously distressed, whereas I only buy raw. Meanwhile, I don't mind a tasteful faux patina on a jacket, but she insists it looks too "cosplay." It's hit or miss with RRL. A lot of it is tasteful, but holes/stains/splatters are too much for me as well.

zmars

Reaction score
I will note that 2 or 3 years ago, Bronson’s prices were insanely cheap… like KMart in the ‘90s cheap. But they’ve risen substantially over the past 18+ months. I really like a lot of their trousers, but at the current prices I’d rather pay a bit more and get something from Fullcount or RRL.

Bronson’s sizing can be wonky but I’ve never been disappointed with the quality of stuff I have gotten from them (my orders have all been trousers, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and a couple chambray shirts).
Agreed on pricing of late. There are a couple recent drops I'm interested in, but at that price I'd save up and get something from RRL instead. Most things are still about 40-50% of what Fullcount or RRL would retail at, though. But it doesn't feel like as much of a steal.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@zmars summed up my thoughts on Bronson pretty well (especially the point about checking both Bronson and Olderbeast as sometimes you find a slightly better price on one site v the other, from what I assume are the exact same factory/warehouse).

I like Bronson & Olderbest a lot. The value is amazing. Another store in the same cohort is Labour Union 1989. I have never ordered anything from them.

One caveat, I have long legs, all their pants are too short and they don't have enough material to extend the legs. I'd be careful and check the measurements carefully.

Bing75

Reaction score
Has anyone here order Bronson & Olderbest to the UK? If so what are we looking at in taxes and duties etc?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just talking with my partner about this. We both dislike pre-distressing and prefer when pieces naturally become worn. But there's always exceptions/gray area. She loves very light wash faded jeans, which are obviously distressed, whereas I only buy raw. Meanwhile, I don't mind a tasteful faux patina on a jacket, but she insists it looks too "cosplay." It's hit or miss with RRL. A lot of it is tasteful, but holes/stains/splatters are too much for me as well.

I used to be like this, but I'm CM guy and I don't have the time for raw, I like RRL washes, if it has paint splatter or hole I skip though...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Bronson & Olderbest a lot. The value is amazing. Another store in the same cohort is Labour Union 1989. I have never ordered anything from them.

One caveat, I have long legs, all their pants are too short and they don't have enough material to extend the legs. I'd be careful and check the measurements carefully.

is there length measurements correct (annoying inseam is not part of it, so I just proxy by taking length subtract front rise)? like this guy, it's imply like under 28 inch inseam in size S, I'm 5'7" and at no break I'm probably 29.5in inseam, there stock photo shows a guy in L who is 5'10" with proper length (where imply inseam on L would still be like just under 28.5in, so I have no idea...)

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there length measurements correct (annoying inseam is not part of it, so I just proxy by taking length subtract front rise)? like this guy, it's imply like under 28 inch inseam in size S, I'm 5'7" and at no break I'm probably 29.5in inseam, there stock photo shows a guy in L who is 5'10" with proper length (where imply inseam on L would still be like just under 28.5in, so I have no idea...)

Using the front rise, outseam and inseam is the best way to go - depending on what is available. I have written to them about this issue and got the usual "blah blah".

The only pants I have are the USN Herringbone Deck Pants from Bronson and they are a bit short, but I wear them anyway because I love the fabric and the silhouette. I won't buy another pair of pants from them until they make a "long" (or normal for modern western bodies).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RRL LE vintage fit white buckle backs, type 2 trucker, hat. Alden.
whitevintagefit.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiacharlotte