• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Francks

Reaction score
Ordered on 27th Feb, still haven't received any confirmation despite my follow-up.
Waiting a refund from beginning of Feb, still nothing after many discussions (only one reply when I started to change my tone).

In which world are they living?
Never heard of a selling company refusing to sell. Oh yes there are the ones which sell products, take the money but never send anything. But this is a Scam.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Ordered on 27th Feb, still haven't received any confirmation despite my follow-up.
Waiting a refund from beginning of Feb, still nothing after many discussions (only one reply when I started to change my tone).

In which world are they living?
Never heard of a selling company refusing to sell. Oh yes there are the ones which sell products, take the money but never send anything. But this is a Scam.
Without getting into the semantics at hand, usually mentioning the term *Chargeback* elicits a quick response IME. (Never had a problem with the PE store.)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My last order took 10 days (I live in NY), and the email with tracking info came 2 days after the package arrived. So, be patient I guess? I've never had an issue where they haven't followed through, they just take too long and suck at communicating, but I've always got my goods.

btw is the sample sale done now? It was just last weekend, correct?

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Probably asked a million times, but the shirt sizing, will XL fit like a dress? I'm kind of tall, and have been eyeballing one of the denim shirts which I can only find in XL now.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It shouldn't be overly long if you're "kind of tall". If anything they are slightly cropped ime.
I'm 6'2" and XL's are more or less perfect in length for me (but too tight in arms and chest). If length is your only concern go for it.

Has anybody picked up any current season stuff yet?
I want the dove/ivory pocket sweater and some of the stores with the selvedge denim make them seem a little roomier up top this season, but Ervell webstore measurements seem the same and as far I know the denim is always the same cut year to year.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the webstore about this seasons cotton pocket sweaters, and asked to compare to last seasons alpaca knits which were pretty relaxed and slouchy when wearing your 'normal' size (this from my personal experience and also seemed to be others, as well).

They said this seasons has a "slightly more relaxed fit"

This season's sweaters have a slightly more relaxed fit and are made from pima cotton this season. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best,

I would still like to hear some additional feedback for confirmation, but sounds like I won't be sizing up in this from my normal medium... in fact, if indeed "slightly more relaxed" than even last seasons sweaters, then I can see a lot of people sizing down for a better fit.

I am also looking for some forum guidance on any of the tee sizing-- thanks!

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ervell is offering styles on East Dane that aren't on the webshop - banded collar reverse print on the water color.

Anyone wearing the mid century shirt in a size large? I'm 6', 170lbs and bought a medium last summer, fit is good, but looks like a typical true-to-size fit. Think I'd like something a bit more relaxed. Wondering how a large would look on me. Here's a medium for comparison:

Last edited:

CasperK

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I picked up the pocket sweater and a pair of the selvedge denim recently. The pocket sweater (XS) pretty much fits me perfectly (I'm 5'5" and 123lbs to give you an idea). Regarding the denim, I sized down from my usual size in jeans and they fit pretty tight. The waist is a little snug but the seat is rather uncomfortable at the moment. Anybody own a pair that stretched significantly? Thanks.

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after having received the pocket swear I would agree that it is tts, however, would not say it is 'more relaxed' than last seasons (fw14) alpaca. I feel like mine fits just a little shorter everywhere, not necessarily a bad thing.. (for example, I had to basically roll the sleeves on last seasons alpaca as they were too long, but these sleeves are a good length on me. body shorter as well I think... but i have not measured). The cotton also doesn't have the bounce and heft which the alpaca has (clearly..as different fabrics, but for the sake of comparison), though still luxurious feeling with a nice hand.. and a little bit of that crispy cotton feel. Very airy, can easily see a white t shirt through it (i have the navy/black) which also makes it very spring time appropriate. The size medium measures approximately 20.5 inches p2p, with some good stretch, but not as much as the alpaca version from last season.

I am working through some store credit... should probably be waiting for the first round of sales but going on a couple spring trips and wanted some new clothes. Considering the navy jacquard shorts and maybe some t shirts.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. Even better with pants that have a slightly looser seat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo