• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

quicksilverXP

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Field Coat in size Small. I'm 5 feet 8 inches with about a 38 inch chest. I fit this season's Pocket Sweaters and Baseball Knits in size small and was wondering if I made the right choice in a size S. I've been reading that this season's outerwear fits small.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I would have thought an M would be a better choice with those body stats, especially if it does fit small.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just missed out on this on ebay. Forgot to bid last minute. If any of you gents had won the auction, let me know if it does not work out. Will buy.

whyme?

Reaction score
^ yah think? i'd say the 38" chested man is going to be out of luck with the small. i'm around 36 and wear medium. although the lined A/W version.

quicksilverXP

Reaction score
Ahh man. Might just order the medium now and sell the small. I was told by the sales team the pit to pit is an inch larger than the a/w version, but I'd rather get input from someone here instead.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If both are available, buy both and return the one which does not fit -assuming they accept returns/refunds on the webstore.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my order from Start-London and they've sent me this seasons Khaki http://patrikervell.com/product/detail/pass/735.

I ordered this; http://www.start-london.com/grey-cotton-field-coat-by-patrik-ervell.html.
baldy[1].gif

FYI, In person the Khaki is a little darker than on the Ervell site.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My field coat fits me fine at XS with a 36 chest. Small should be fine.

That sucks, elisix, but the one you ended up with is not bad either. Gonna keep?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to email them and suss it out first.

If the Grey is in fact out of stock (though still advertised on their site), and they offer a further incentive, then ill keep it most likely.

Though I probably could have gone with an M. As always a little long in the sleeves (an inch max).

A little unsure of the drawstring hanging down the front and the lighter color and my complexion might not be the best mix. Ill get a picture up.

Material on the Khaki is awesome I should add.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than the difference in color and visible drawstring between last years and this, what are the differences in material etc?

Sounds as though the grey also has a removable lining unlike the Khaki.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads