• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

quicksilverXP

Reaction score
Looks great!! Man... I'm hoping a size S fits me. I think we're about the same specs. I'm around 5 feet 7 inches. May I ask what shirt size you usually wear, like in Gitman, BOO, APC etc...?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5 feet 8 with a 32"/33" waist and I wear size 32 Acne/APC denim.

Shirts;

GBV - M.
APC - M/48 unless slim fit, then L.
Acne - M/48 unless slim fit, then L.
OL - M/48

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing that I have learned about clothes, even thought it took me forever to accept it, it's that you should never buy anything that isn't a great color for you. Nobody will ever care if all your clothes come from the same 4-5 main colors. There's no reason to buy something that doesn't go with your skin tone, no matter how much you like it otherwise.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do love me some Navy.

Perhaps next season the field coat will be Navy and I can jump on that.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing that I have learned about clothes, even thought it took me forever to accept it, it's that you should never buy anything that isn't a great color for you. Nobody will ever care if all your clothes come from the same 4-5 main colors. There's no reason to buy something that doesn't go with your skin tone, no matter how much you like it otherwise.

A hard lesson learned.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many different opinions.
bigstar[1].gif

Some say colour is not suitable but size is fine, and vice versa. Personally, the size isn't too bad except for the sleeves.

The colour is what gets me. I think the darker would have been 100x better.

I've already advised them i'll be sending it back and am on the lookout for another parka/jacket. Just unsure of who or what.

Ideally something which is not too bulky. Am considering a Navy parka from Kitsune. The navy is in stock in size M.

.. it also comes in a bright red?
nest.gif
http://uk.menlook.com/parkas/parker-red-parka-88949.html

Here's the Navy. http://shop.kitsune.fr/t/men/sales#/p/parker-b-slash-ss13

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
elisix: if you want a rain parka, look at nanamica, EG and WWM, Kitsune is pretty junky too. I looked at a bunch of their stuff in NYC and was completely underwhelmed. Really branded and very expensive.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Teger. Never looked at Nanamica before and really like the look of the Riding Jacket.

On Kitsune, appreciate that they're expensive, but I've never paid retail for a single item of theirs.

Massive fan here. :)

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that kitsune parka is nicely styled but not really too impressive in terms of fabric and construction especially given the price tag. the ervell rain coat is actually true 100% water proof, meaning all the seems are taped and bonded so there is no way for water to enter the jacket. :slayer: there are a few water proof things coming this fall...

evan that shirt is fine for summer, the fabric isn't particularly light or heavy, it's a midweight poplin.

also for the record the field jackets are always pretty substantial regardless of season, but the fw versions are heavier and soemtimes are lined or double faced or have a quilted inner etc.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that kitsune parka is nicely styled but not really too impressive in terms of fabric and construction especially given the price tag. the ervell rain coat is actually true 100% water proof, meaning all the seems are taped and bonded so there is no way for water to enter the jacket.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
there are a few water proof things coming this fall...

evan that shirt is fine for summer, the fabric isn't particularly light or heavy, it's a midweight poplin.

also for the record the field jackets are always pretty substantial regardless of season, but the fw versions are heavier and soemtimes are lined or double faced or have a quilted inner etc.

Agreed on the Kitsune Parka styling - I really do like it a lot. However at $500 landed with 50% off from their web store, it's still quite expensive when you begin looking elsewhere. Teger suggested a few other labels to consider and Nanamica stood out for me. The details are really quite impressive. At retail they too are very expensive but can be found at a nice discount without looking too hard. I quite like the look of the 2 tone Riding Jacket in Navy/White (and even the Beige/Yellow).

Small point on the Kitsune parka and being waterproof. They have 2 parka's available this season with one being waterproof. How waterproof I don't know but it seems to be the only element separating the two they have available. http://shop.kitsune.fr/t/men/sales#/p/parker-b-slash-ss13 vs http://shop.kitsune.fr/t/men/sales#/p/parker-a-slash-ss13.

This is the Ervell thread so I will stop filling it with Kitsune stuffs. Hmmmm... doesnt seem to be an official Kitsune thread yet. :)

Last edited:

andrewsd

Reaction score

I think I might have the epaulets removed from my Ervell jacket... Me wearing: I know you can't see them well, but you can if I move my arms at all. They're not bad or anything, but I thought it might look better a little cleaner without them. Terrible idea?
late pass, but keep them on for sure. what size are you in the jacket? you're my height and i just want to know what size to be on the lookout for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads