• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

soxpats

Reaction score
Seahawks played well against a one legged QB. Shanahan should be fired for leaving that kid in there. Falcons will take care of Seahawks next week.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, Sea Hawks are scary. Very well coached and able to make adjustments in game.
Redskins need some receivers.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seahawks played well against a one legged QB. Shanahan should be fired for leaving that kid in there. Falcons will take care of Seahawks next week.

You do realize that according to some of the "advanced" stat crunchers (football Sabermetrics types) the Seahawks have been top five for several weeks and as high as # 1?
They just flat out have a much better team than the 'Skins. Their D is one of the best in the league.

soxpats

Reaction score

You do realize that according to some of the "advanced" stat crunchers (football Sabermetrics types) the Seahawks have been top five for several weeks and as high as # 1?
They just flat out have a much better team than the 'Skins. Their D is one of the best in the league.

I agree they are good. No doubt, They also played today against a one legged QB so I'm not handing them the NFC just yet. They won by 10 points I need to see how they do against a really good team on the road. Just my opinion. They won today and played decent.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels came off after Griffin reinjured his knee in the first quarter. :fu: Nevertheless, great season guys. Beyond our wildest dreams.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wheels came off after Griffin reinjured his knee in the first quarter. :fu: Nevertheless, great season guys. Beyond our wildest dreams.

now all you have to hope for is that its not something permanent or recurring.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Seahawks over Atlanta next wk.

And GB over SF. But the Pack will have to play D like they did in MN.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rooting for Broncos, hope they can take out the Pats and the Pack :slayer:

tumblr_lzvdw46acU1rok87bo1_500.gif

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to be the ray of anti-sunshine, but I have the feeling RG3 might not be the long term answer some people think he will be. I guess it all depends on how good a straight up pocket passer he can be and if he can stay healthy.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your confidence, my friend. However, unless a miracle takes place in the next couple of minutes, it's not gonna happen. :(

i am

so sorry bro.

:(

Ray Lewis - great player.......even bigger douche bag. Such an asshole.

i hate him more than any player in any sport.

i've actually never seen his infamous dance until today. that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen an athlete do, which is saying a lot

just consider yourself lucky this is the first time you saw that.

Suck it, stitches, you fair weather *****.

fair weather how? i never liked the ravens and i dont think i ever will.

was this game ever in doubt? let's be real.

um. yes. the ravens came into this game playing like absolute crap. very reasonable to think the colts could have won. only the stereotypical delusional ravens fan would think otherwise.

either way, they did win. so ravens fans rejoice, enjoy the sweet taste of victory.

Rooting for Broncos, hope they can take out the Pats and the Pack :slayer:
tumblr_lzvdw46acU1rok87bo1_500.gif

lol, thanks.
--
i wish they didnt show the replay to the RG3 injury so many times, that was no bueno. poor guy.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i wish they didnt show the replay to the RG3 injury so many times, that was no bueno. poor guy.

it might be one of those situations where they'll see a tiny tear in the ACL or maybe even the PCL (since that weird movement the knee showed a lot give in all directions :( ). since he was walking around on his own strength.

if there is a small tear in the either ACL/PCL then protocol would be just to reconstruct it (basically harvesting a new ligament then replacing the injured one)...

there's a lot of questions going in medically wise because RGIII has had an ACL Repair done before so they might have to harvest the new ligament from his already injured leg either from the hamstrings tendon (athroscopically the middle of three/four conjoined tendons) or the patellar tendon (which means they'll have to open up the knee - technically more complications post op possibly).

what amazes me is how athletic he already was even after the ACL reconstruct when he was still young. even after his surgery he was olympic levels for his track times.

i don't really doubt that RGIII can come back just fine, but its his kind of game where he's getting knocked down even in the pocket that you have to take into consideration.

my bet is they do the ACL reconstruct. but hell it could just be a MCL and meniscus injury (which means a scope and clearing out of loose meniscus and rest) and he'll be as good to go.

RGIII does have the game/arm to be an excellent pocket passer, but damn he needs to know when to not sacrifice himself when he's in the pocket. he's always getting popped with blind side hits.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Sweet mother of God if I see one more slow motion vanity shot or replay of Ray Lewis's annoying ******* dance I am going to go postal, ENOUGH ALREADY!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doc, that was a very interesting post. thanks for providing a medical standpoint on the injury, i had no idea about all that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads