• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is Bisping coaching TUF again? Does he have incriminating photos of Dana White? What can he teach the fighters aside from getting on your bicycle and running away for 15 minutes?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Why is Bisping coaching TUF again? Does he have incriminating photos of Dana White? What can he teach the fighters aside from getting on your bicycle and running away for 15 minutes?

He also has mastered moving into the power pretty well. Getting KO'd gives you a pretty good excuse to lay off hard training for the mandatory 90. Come to think of it, I could be his striking assistant-coach, since I have many of the same ****** habits and I'm a dick. And I spent some formative years in England.

Maybe they should have TUF coaching themes like "Guys that Anderson Silva most decisively murdered" (James Irvin vs. Vitor Belfort,) "Overweight ex-champions" (Tim Sylvia vs. Ricco Rodriguez), and "Oldies but Goldies" (Dan Severn vs. Tank Abbott).

Really though, it would be great fun seeing bantam, feather, or even lightweights take Heavyweights through the paces. You'd see guys collapsing all over the place.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Let's go, big Roy!

Also, when did Mir get so huuuuuge?

When he started eating the horse headed candy.
Roy needs to get his **** together. There is no excuse to be so ******* fat.
Card was OK, Stann looks pretty solid, Rampage is still good but will never hold the belt again.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, 4/10. Main event sucked as expected. The other fights were not particularly competitive or exciting. A lot of Randy Couture-style wall and stall, one successful (Story), one not (Big Country). Damn you, Countdown to UFC for fooling me into thinking this would be a good card.
ffffuuuu.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Eh, 4/10. Main event sucked as expected. The other fights were not particularly competitive or exciting. A lot of Randy Couture-style wall and stall, one successful (Story), one not (Big Country). Damn you, Countdown to UFC for fooling me into thinking this would be a good card.
ffffuuuu.gif

Apparently the masses realized what you and I did not. I went to my local BW3 (the local mecca for MMA around here). Normally, you have to be there 1.5 hours before the PPV to even have a chance of getting a seat. Last night you could have walked up 5 min before the Main Event and had a primo seat. Did anybody else appreciate the irony of Matt Hamill coming out to Can't You Hear Me Knockin'? At one point last night I said to somebody, "You're not going to KO Roy Nelson. So if he doesn't knock you out, it's going to be a long boring fight."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts on UFC 130:

Brian Stann looked really good, but he always does against opponents who will stand and bang with him. I'd like to see how he does against a strong wrestler, seeing how inability to deal with wrestlers sent him down to MW. Perhaps a matchup against Tim Boetsch, who ragdolled Kendall Grove all over the place in his MW debut on the undercard. I'm willing to give Jorge Santiago a mulligan, as it was his first UFC fight in awhile.

Thiago Alves is another one of those guys who looks great if you stand directly in front of him and kickbox. He cannot handle a decent grappler, and I expect him to continue to drop fights as more and more people figure this out. I'd like to see Rick Story fight a good wrestler before anointing him the next big thing.

Beautiful superman KO punch by Travis Browne. Not much to say there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cut Big Country after his awful performance. His size is a running joke, but the joke isn't funny anymore. He looked like a heavy bag that Frank Mir was punching, elbowing, and taking down at will. He gassed terribly in the third round. I would give him a rematch against Brendan Schaub and then give him his walking papers if he stinks up the joint again. Mir looked good, but it would have been hard not to. Mir's problem is that he can crush anyone outside the top five HWs, but loses to fighters 1-4.

I still can't believe that the UFC matched Matt Hamill up with Rampage. I know Hamill is a feel-good story, but he's just not that good a fighter. Didn't come close to taking Rampage down once.

kruze

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the Struve fight, not the outcome.

Mir looked good, boos were uncalled for. He fought better against nelson than jds did. It's just that nelson is such a tough guy.

I called the fight for torres as he had more attempts at trying to end the fight. DJ didn't land anything substantial. Same goes for Story.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GSP is fighting Nick Diaz at UFC 137. This fight will be interesting for the first thirty seconds of each round before GSP gets the takedown. GSP by easy UD.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
It could be as one sided as you say, but it's also the toughest fight he's had in a while. I am very interested.

nah, 50-45 all day long for GSP. I think the Shields fight will be considered a tougher task. I don't Diaz could beat Shields so he's got next to no shot (except a punchers chance) against GSP. Dana should stop with this "two different companies" thing and just start having guys fight cross promotional. I'd love to see Big Foot Silva get his ass kicked in the UFC especially after all of his trash talk.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol bigfoot would destroy all ufc heavies except cain and jds, possibly carwin although now that carwin is off roids who knows if he'll still be able to hit as hard. have you seen pics of him recently? looks like a different person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads