• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

hrb

Reaction score
i saw the break down on that earlier this evening. apparently he landed more punches, but nothing remotely devastating. Takedown defences/successes, cage aggression (haha in this fight,) leg kicks, and control all go to gsp. still a 50-45 fight.

reezy

Reaction score
Yeah it was great but the crowd was pretty tame imo. I went to Koshchek vs GSP and the crowd was crazy. Perhaps Rogers Centre was just so big that the crowd was getting drowned out but the people in Montreal do not stop cheering for anything. Most passionate (and perhaps most irrational) fans I have ever seen and experienced. If you guys get the chance you should check out the Rory MacDonald vs Nate Diaz fight. Its a prelim but imo the fight of the night.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
Just got back from the fight. Walked around looking for a cab for a good 2 hours but it was very interesting to say the least.

Noticed a dude wearing a white shirt that had "YES YES YES" on it and I thought of Diego and it turns it was him! Walking beside him was ** Penn. Diego was drunk and could barely walk. Got to a hotel to try to hail a cab and Anderson Silva, Nog, and Jon Jones was there. Ended up riding a cab back home with Belfort's and Penn's agent. Sick night.

Nice. Aren't ** and Diego fighting? I wonder what goes through your mind when your next opponent is hanging out with staggering drunk.

Sounds like fun, how was the crowd?

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Nice. Aren't ** and Diego fighting? I wonder what goes through your mind when your next opponent is hanging out with staggering drunk.

Sounds like fun, how was the crowd?

Yeah I was surprised too...but when I got in the cab with Penn's agent, he was telling me how they were buddies before their fight happened. Guess they drifted for a bit and they made up after. They were pretty buddy buddy based on the banter I overheard.

The crowd was loudest when Randy was present. The guy got the biggest ovation. Mad respects to that man. Machida is still the man though and the only guy in the LHW that would have a chance to beat Jon Jones
boxing[1].gif

hrb

Reaction score
yeah, it seemed the rogers arena might be a bit vacuous for an event. looking at the pan-outs on ppv, couldn't believe how many people were in there. fewer people passionate about the sport? (Corporate seats etc?) would love to go to a fight in montreal!

dl'ing the prelims right now. sounds like the undercard was quite good. looking forward to them. (especially diaz getting domed.) Hominick did better than i anticipated. i was predicting a 2nd round k.o. on that one.

reezy

Reaction score
Yeah Hommnick is tough. That bump was nasty! I was really impressed with him but I feel like Aldo was taking it easy on him in the last round...need to re-watch it. Hommnick entrance was pretty sick. Love it!
worship.gif

hrb

Reaction score
ha, that's awesome! good sport. (the 129k bonus probably helped!) Aldo seems go either get very sympathetic in championship rounds, or very gassed. he did the same thing with faber, though he was still dominating in the final 2 with faber.

On another note ben henderson is quickly climbing the list of people i would like to see get KO'd.

hrb

Reaction score
any input on the nick diaz gsp matchup? i'm not too familiar with diaz as a fighter. must brush up.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
ha, that's awesome! good sport. (the 129k bonus probably helped!) Aldo seems go either get very sympathetic in championship rounds, or very gassed. he did the same thing with faber, though he was still dominating in the final 2 with faber.

On another note ben henderson is quickly climbing the list of people i would like to see get KO'd.

Yeah it wasn't Aldo's best performance but I expect him to be better in the next fight.

Yeah Hendo looks like a douche. The kid is tough though and has an iron chin as well. Did you watch the fight with him and Pettis? Hendo should have been knocked out at least 5 times in that fight.

You from Toronto?

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
any input on the nick diaz gsp matchup? i'm not too familiar with diaz as a fighter. must brush up.

That match up would be pretty good. Nick Diaz would give GSP a lot of pressure. Any fight he's in is exciting imo. Great boxing...strikes in the body and head a lot (good mix-up). Very good ground game which is expected since he trains with Shields. Watch him against Paul Daley in the last Strikeforce event. Great recovery and good chin. Much better than his little brother.

Apparently he is going to try boxing. I doubt it now since he would want revenge for Shields?

hrb

Reaction score
yeah he's good, and, to be honest, a great fighter. i actually really liked him until he opened his mouth. Aldo should dominate that div for some time. Not sure who is going to contend with him.. think they're talking about a rematch with those two. Pettis looked hungry for another one.

From Van if i were in t.o. i definitely would've picked up tickets for this one. was contemplating a flight out for it a visit, but didn't come to fruition. how were the site lines from inside? that was another aspect on the RA i was thinking may be an issue..

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
yeah he's good, and, to be honest, a great fighter. i actually really liked him until he opened his mouth. Aldo should dominate that div for some time. Not sure who is going to contend with him.. think they're talking about a rematch with those two. Pettis looked hungry for another one.

From Van if i were in t.o. i definitely would've picked up tickets for this one. was contemplating a flight out for it a visit, but didn't come to fruition. how were the site lines from inside? that was another aspect on the RA i was thinking may be an issue..

Here's my seat view.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4415839_n.jpg

Pretty good. Closer than it appears.

You heading to 131? If I can get some vacation, I might go west. Been following Lesnar since his WWE days. Want to see him bounce back.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member