• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone hear suggest sizing down on the 501 1954? I bought them in a size 34, and they fit great, but the 33 isn't to shabby intself ( a little snug). Just curious how much they'll strech out after initial wash. I hear it will just return to original waist size. This true?

Any input pablo?

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
I have a fair share of experience with the '54 and have gone through a couple of them and I have a large selection of them in my closet and let me say this:

For your own sake and safety DO NOT downsize on them. They will shrink and they won't stretch much.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a fair share of experience with the '54 and have gone through a couple of them and I have a large selection of them in my closet and let me say this:
For your own sake and safety DO NOT downsize on them. They will shrink and they won't stretch much.

Now, is this downsizing ala the '47 or the '55? As in, is TTS considered "downsizing" because of smaller measurements than how they're tagged? If I wear a 34 in the '47, then a 34 in the '54 will be ________________ (fine, too tight, etc?)

Last edited:

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Although I have had more LVC's, than I can count, I have never had a pair of 47's... They have always been a bit boring in my mind.

But I do know, that the 47 used to be undersized by 1", but that has changed, as far as I know. So if you are a true 34" and you want to wash your jeans, then I suggest, that you go up a size in the 34", however if you have the 47 in a 34, then I'm quite sure, you can do the same with the 54.

I don't know, what you are referring to, when you say "downsizing ala..." The more recent 55s are oversized by 1" to 2", the older ones weren't - they were TTS.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The new LVC website is absolutely terrible. No online purchasing and J Peterman-esqe watercolors instead of photos? Ugh.
http://www.levisvintageclothing.com

Yup. That is ******* awful. Worst part is, instead of just photographing their samples, they actually paid someone to draw/paint them, just to look cool or something, but at a disservice to the customer. Maybe they like it, but I can't see how anybody with interest in the company would.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, how about some actual photos with some info (where it's made, etc) about the product. But I bought 2 shirts, the western in cord and the tab twill and both are sweet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads