• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Shorty Long

Reaction score
look like a pair of 1955s from the early 2000s. If that top button is stamped '555' (which I think it is) they were made at the Levi's Valencia Street factory. I'd need to get the product code on the inside tag to tell what "finish" they originally were.
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me ID these jeans I got from a thrift store, pretty sure they are LVC but they have no tags on the inside,

Hallock

Reaction score
I live in NYC and am interested in getting some LVC 1947s. I've been to the JCrew Liquor Store and tried on the 1947 501, 1954 501 and 1967 501. 32x32 1967 fit about right. I'm thinking of 1947s because I'd like it to shrink more through the leg—in length and width. I'm wondering what size to get though, I'm 5'10" and 172, but have very big thighs, trunk, and glutes from lifting.

True waist: 34.5 - 35"
Inseam: 30"
Thigh: 24"

Preferred measurements
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 13"
Leg opening: 7.5"

I'd like enough length for one or two cuffs. I was thinking 34x34 would work because the waist will stretch out enough.

Last edited:

Pablo-T

Reaction score
34 would be wide enough in the waist - but remember, they have narrower thighs than the 67, which is more of a carrot shape.

Dimensions etc here.

Might be worth going to the Levi's meatpacking store to try them all on and get informed advice, ask for Robert, I'm sure he'll see you right.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hope you guys dont mind me posting here, i thougth was the best place as 55 related! (if i'm wrong let me know and i''ll delete)

i'm working a pair of 55's which i'm loving (perhaps i'll post pics of progress but only a month in!). my question is, which quality shoes (shoes that can be resoled over and over) can i pull of with this jean? so far i have worn..
- converse
- c&j coniston

i would like another pair of leather shoes to wear with the 55's and hopefully another pair of LVC down the road, what are peoples thoughts on
- c&j pembroke (i think should look good)
- red wing classic work boot such as 8138, 8878 (looks nice its suede) or 875 (how is the quality on these, do they fit wide?)
- a Trickers boot such as Malton or shoe such as Keswick (although i'm not convinced quality as good as CJ coniston)
- another C&J coniston since i love this boot and i can wear it sized up for width or C&J snowdwon

i should add - i have a wide foot (G width in CandJ) so i'm pretty limited in the brands that fit. i typically wear 55's wtih flannel and chunky sweaters or gitman oxfords if this helps

thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

mockalite

Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Do the currently produced 1947's have the Levi's Vintage Clothing logo on the inside pocket?
2. How do I know what year/season my 1947 jeans were produced? I'm interested because as I understand the sizing has varied within the past few years.

Thanks!

me32

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im after some help. Im about to sell a fair few LVC jeans but have got a clue on prices etc. Ive got a fair few different styles such as 1910 333's, 1947 501, 1967 505 and some knappave celebration packs and a few others.. But ive no idea at what price to put them up for. They are all brand new and ive got some various sizes and some with long legs! Any help please.

Pablo-T

Reaction score

A couple of questions:

1. Do the currently produced 1947's have the Levi's Vintage Clothing logo on the inside pocket?

Thanks!

I believe so, at least most current produciton does

A couple of questions:

2. How do I know what year/season my 1947 jeans were produced? I'm interested because as I understand the sizing has varied within the past few years.

Thanks!

Look in the inner tag. There will be a date, near the production code (often 643) M.

March 2000:

PICT0013.jpg

Season 1, 2006:

47tag.jpg

SE (september?) 2007:

PICT0015.jpg

4809 (Season 1?) 2009

internaltag2-1.jpg

mockalite

Reaction score
Thanks, Pablo-T. Mine say 3809 and don't have the LVC logo on the inner pocket. Safe to say they're from 2009?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on these ? I am too lazy to wear jeans in myself and am considering these as an alternative to RRL faded jeans as I like a higher rise than most slim jeans these days.

How do they run sizing wise ? What size to buy if I want a 33 actual waist ?

Thanks for your help

lovelux2010

Reaction score
i have a pair of LVC 55's...been enjoying them. i soaked them in hot water (as hot as the tap water in london would go) twice (wore out of tub both times for an hour or so), they've been worn for around 3 months daily..washed once in cold water

anyways, the jeans fit well and i coudl have a healthy size cuff until i got caught in teh rain..jeans got very wet and the legs shrunk up more then i could have expected! i'm 5'7 and wear a 32x34I and i can no longer cuff the jeans at all...shrunk so much

has anyone here ever had their jeans shrink in the rain?? i think i'll have to buy a 36lenght for my next pair!

one other question - would appreciate recommendations for a new pair of LVCs. i supose my 55s will now be my "smarter" jeans for buttons downs and jeans to wear to work as i wont cuff them, so would like a pair to wear casual...

i understand 66 and 47s slim..for a larger cut how about the 1915 or 1901?..i'm not super skinny so may avoid the slimmer cuts and go for a fuller cut/higher rise but i am only 5'7 so not super tall to pull off all pairs. will wear them with candj boots, trickers shoes..this stype of thing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I was considering getting a pair of the 1878 pantaloons and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fit is like? I have had trouble looking it up.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
there is a couple great LVC threads on superfuture supertalk..
in those threads they have fit pictures and info on sizing...
so search google for "superfuture LVC thread" and superfuture LVC sizing and you should be golden..
although there may be a lot of pages to sift though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads