• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
A friend has reservations tonight. I'm actually surprised that the prices are somewhat reasonable given the area. I'll report back.

I have been waiting for this...

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody hit The Tripel up yet (Playa Del Rey)?
I'm no burger connoisseur like some of you fellas, but I feel they have a pretty solid burger - The Tripel Burger (Duck confit, pork and aged beef, onion brioche bun, truffle pecorino, arugala, house made apricot jam). The apricot jam kind of overpowered the burger and made it extra sweet, but I really like sweet + meat.
With the burger, I also got:
Baked Potato Dumplings (Chimay Grand Cru sauce, tangy oyster mushrooms)
Country Duck Pate (House pickles, fig mustard, grilled bread)
Sweet Potato Tots (w/ smoked almond chimichuri and spiced aioli)

What I ordered and they never got out to me (just to give you another example of what they serve):
Red Curry Cocnut Milk Buscuits (Orange blossom honey and clotted cream)

And no, I didn't memorize all this. I grabbed a menu on the way out.

Pretty enjoyable experience. Beer selection was kind of small compared to other places, but everything I tried was good. I just wish the space was bigger (as far as seating goes)...think Santa Monica Father's Office.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty close to me, maybe I can make it there this week. I'm always down for tater tots. I hit up Hole in the Wall Burger Joint. Wanted Rustic Canyon but they aren't open until 5 :/ Not top tier, but it was pretty good. Good West LA alternative if you don't feel like dealing with a bunch of hassle. I had the beef on pretzel bun with onion mayo and bacon. Burger of the week was a philly cheesesteak burger, which sounded a bit overwhelming to me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nice reviews guys.

Hit up westside tavern spur of the moment last night, had:
-the shitake, asparagus, bacon, fontina, truffle oil flatbread as usual
and
-braised short rib with horseradish-chive cream sauce with whipped potatotoes and sugar snap peas

If you breathed on the meat it would just collapse, so tender and juicy.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Anyone been to Cork Bar downtown? Saw a pic of their burger and the guy thought it was a candidate for GOAT. Surprised about the good SOG review. My friend thought it was decent but the portions were rather small and nothing she had was so astounding that it warranted going back.
spam[1].gif
Paradis Los Feliz is in their soft opening right now. I believe their grand opening will be the 30th of this month. They're located in the old Pinkberry spot on the 1700 block of N. Vermont and right next door to Atmosphere for all your low/mid-level designer needs. Maybe we can plan a meet up there when I'm back and working there in May.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want a bunch of dudes to meet up for ice cream but you won't let me live down drinking a jack and diet.
eh.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Hey, how was that ice cream you had that I, some random dude of the internet, told you to drive out to Montrose to eat?

Now stfu or you won't get free ice cream.

And I was also inviting Shell. And J sine he's technically a girl.

pinoy

Reaction score
i felt like the sandwiches at SOAG were definitely good enough to warrant a return
smile.gif

other favorites in LA include Gjelina, Lazy Ox Canteen, Kiriko, Angelini's Osteria, Kokekokko and Rustic Canyon.

Rustic Canyon makes what I think is the best burger in LA. Of those who have tried it... agree or disagree?

Oh, and Santouka makes hands-down the best ramen in LA. Daikokuya isn't even in the running

pinoy

Reaction score
sweet rose creamery and scoops are my favorite ice cream in LA, but Bi-Rite in San Francisco is still my all-time-favorite
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you should read through this thread pare

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
sweet rose creamery and scoops are my favorite ice cream in LA, but Bi-Rite in San Francisco is still my all-time-favorite
smile.gif

Try the ice cream at Chili Addiction on La Cienega. its my secret spot. I'm a bi-rite fan too but just trust me on this.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
Oh, and Santouka makes hands-down the best ramen in LA. Daikokuya isn't even in the running
+1 on Santouka...any love for Shinsengumi? Torrance also has some good random spots.

Originally Posted by djblisk
Try the ice cream at Chili Addiction on La Cienega. its my secret spot. I'm a bi-rite fan too but just trust me on this.
That is the one across from Opening Ceremony, right? I love chili...is it worth going to for that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics