• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could do a Happy Hour.

Kevin24

Reaction score
A happy hour would be great. Suggestions on the spot?

It depend on where everyone works?

If Downtown DC I'm partial to the DuPont, Georgetown, and Union Station areas. Ex. Clydes in Chinatown, the Dubliner near Union Station or Mission in DuPont?

There is also this one restaurant near the White House with an Irish name (American fare though) which the name escapes me.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're thinking of Blackfinn. I work downtown but live in Arlington. Can to G-town, Dupont, Penn Quarter, etc. Anywhere somewhat near Metro is cool.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, anything near a metro. I have to tutor on Monday nights and have class Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday or Friday would be perfect for me. Probably wont be dressed up if we do happy hour on a Friday!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fit competition! I may wear gym clothes. :-D

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest a happy hour at a bar that is metrorail accessible and that has a nice rooftop or patio. (We may be able to enjoy the warm weather until November at this rate!) This last one I remember attending was at The Brixton. We had drinks on the rooftop, followed up dinner on the second floor.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm game for drinks just as long it's not before a Wednesday. I suggest anywhere with a solid rooftop and can handle an SF-approved shoe circle... so The Observatory (Georgetown), almost anywhere in SW waterfront (I haven't tried Officina yet), Dacha in Navy Yard.

Edit - I've been OBE'd. That's what happens when I reply excitedly to a post on a previous page.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had completely forgotten about the shoe circle! Little known SF fact: It started in DC, and was the idea of Chris from Bennie's. We need to go somewhere that won't notice a bunch of guys taking pictures of their shoes . . .

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barcelona on 14th Street is a good spot. It doesn't have a rooftop but it does have a patio

El Techo (rooftop bar) on Florida Ave is another good spot

The rooftop bar at the Eaton Hotel on K Street is also a good spot

Last edited:

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Old shoe circles had some strong game - here's what this next happy hour has to live up to, start shining accordingly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads