• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine he's still around with a new account or just reading w/o logging in. I would guess Derek does that too.
Maybe I missed something in the discussion. Michael Anton is what I would call a"Reactionary Political Theorist" who is in the very small "cerebral"part of MAGA:

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something in the discussion. Michael Anton is what I would call a"Reactionary Political Theorist" who is in the very small "cerebral"part of MAGA;

I would say "faux" cerebral. Just another reactionary with an academic pedigree. Not to be trusted or even tolerated.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say "faux" cerebral. Just another reactionary with an academic pedigree. Not to be trusted or even tolerated.
I was being charitable. Besides, he is very well-dressed. That must count for something in these precincts. After all, Count Ciano, the notable Fascist, was also
considered well dressed:

EwyaqEBXAAk_jU9.jpg

Last edited:

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was being charitable. Besides, he is very well-dressed. That must count for something in these precincts.
I used to give people credit for being well-dressed, but as I grow older, not so much. People can be extremely well dressed, and still be utter sh*theads.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was being charitable. Besides, he is very well-dressed. That must count for something in these precincts. After all, Count Ciano, the notable Fascist, was also
considered well dressed:

View attachment 2125687
I don’t buy it. I liked Anton’s book the Suit but that’s about it. He’s vile and just because he can pair a tie with a suit makes no difference.

The Duke of Windsor was just an attention-seeking asshole and, by the way, a traitor to his country. Some things just can’t be overlooked or wished away.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never read The Suit but read "The Prince". I agree with you on the Duke of Windsor. Personally, I always preferred "The Duke of Earl"

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never read The Suit but read "The Prince". I agree with you on the Duke of Windsor. Personally, I always preferred "The Duke of Earl"
Cheers!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t buy it. I liked Anton’s book the Suit but that’s about it. He’s vile and just because he can pair a tie with a suit makes no difference.

The Duke of Windsor was just an attention-seeking asshole and, by the way, a traitor to his country. Some things just can’t be overlooked or wished away.
What did Michael do / say that makes you compare him to a nazi supporter?

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score

Not to be a dick or an elitist here, but is Manton's "pedigree" even all that impressive? Honestly Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, and Ron Desantis all seem to have shinier ivy league credentials. Not saying they should be trusted or tolerated either.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The Duke of Prunes" is the only true duke.

"The cheese I have for you, my dear, is real, and very new!"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads