• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Ortip

Reaction score
i’ve been enjoying derek’s new-ish podcast with Blamo, recommended if you haven’t checked it out!
I saw it but looks like you need to pay $5 a month? I'm still tempted, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it but looks like you need to pay $5 a month? I'm still tempted, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
I joined and I personally think it's worth it. The podcasts have been very high quality (compared to some of the other menswear podcasts) and the Slack community has been great.

The podcasts are a bit more contextual and philosophical than Derek's short content - not advice focused. This week for example, is on the Intelligence of Taste and Derek and Peter had a thought provoking discussion that wandered through culture and history. This is right up my alley.

I think you can listen to abbreviated versions for free to get a taste.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I joined and I personally think it's worth it. The podcasts have been very high quality (compared to some of the other menswear podcasts) and the Slack community has been great.

The podcasts are a bit more contextual and philosophical than Derek's short content - not advice focused. This week for example, is on the Intelligence of Taste and Derek and Peter had a thought provoking discussion that wandered through culture and history. This is right up my alley.

I think you can listen to abbreviated versions for free to get a taste.
Can you link it and give us more details? I can only find one from 2-3 years ago.

Are the discussion(s) specifically about culture and history, or do they weave it into being about clothing?

Derek's long articles that start off with a history and culture lesson that segue into being about clothing are one of my favourites.

If it doesn't involve clothing, then I'm not interested.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you link it and give us more details? I can only find one from 2-3 years ago.

Are the discussion(s) specifically about culture and history, or do they weave it into being about clothing?

Derek's long articles that start off with a history and culture lesson that segue into being about clothing are one of my favourites.

I think Derek and Peter's show is always strictly clothing and dress/culture focused.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can listen to the previews here. The Patreon link to the show is here - it has a paywall.

It's not purely philosophical/cultural. Some shows are entirely about menswear - interviews with Fred Nieddu of Taillour or Seiji Mccarthy, for example. Even the latest one on the Intelligence of Taste has about 30-40% on menswear.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can listen to the previews here. The Patreon link to the show is here - it has a paywall.

It's not purely philosophical/cultural. Some shows are entirely about menswear - interviews with Fred Nieddu of Taillour or Seiji Mccarthy, for example. Even the latest one on the Intelligence of Taste has about 30-40% on menswear.
You can pay for a month at a time too. That's what I did. Of course, I'm hooked now. 😄

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Derek and Peter's show is always strictly clothing and dress/culture focused.

Thanks dudes, this is exactly what I needed

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. I must have missed it in the search results.
I imagine he's still around with a new account or just reading w/o logging in. I would guess Derek does that too.

SilentPartner

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to ask this but, since Derek has mentioned this maker recently, I was wondering if anyone had experience with RTW suiting from The Anthology—I like the look of this suit:

It has, according to the measurements, a good fit for me off the rack (5'7" 160 lbs so a slightly shorter jacket is nice). I've been looking for a summer suit in olive.

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads