• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleverley has got really sloppy on this - they posted a series of pairs of bespoke crocogator slip-ons on Instagram (stories, so can’t repost) last week and most of them were blatantly mismatched
Well at least they posted a bunch of stuff with Stallone and the Rock wearing their shoes.

Something something beautiful people on steroids.

A.K.A.

Reaction score
Derek blocked me on Twitter, likely for having the temerity to comment on several posts. He’s more unhinged than Scott Adams, who at least interacts with commenters. If DWW hates comments or commenters he could make his posts so one can’t reply. Apparently he’s a funny guy and a misanthrope.

Basted

Reaction score
I know all three. Bruce and Derek have broad ideas about style and fashion. Simon is considerably more limited in both his ideas and knowledge. I think that it while they all have valid voices, that there is a lot more out there that would make your experience much richer for knowing it.
I’m always open to other voices. Who would you recommend? I find it very hard to find thoughtful commentary.

Basted

Reaction score
Simon is considerably more limited in both his ideas and knowledge.
Really? I think one of the things that makes Simon relevant is that he now spends as much time applying his keen eye to sweatshirts and chore coats as he once did to bespoke Naples tailors.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is more Simon's expertise is more about how luxury or craft an item is and less about interpreting the history of an item or a trend and how revelance and meaning has changed through history.

I know people tend to rag on the fit of a lot of Simon's high end bespoke stuff, but one of the things I appreciate is that he isn't only showing the good stuff and is providing an accurate portrayal of how these projects worked out for him.

brill

Reaction score
If you think that would be inhumane just wait until you hear about the cost at GC to get a mismatched pair…

But no - it is not an unreasonable ask to have the scales be roughly the same scale.

It's pretty easy actually

View attachment 1907141
You can definitely tell that the right shoe has a slack jaw, and the left has a lazy eye. Jorge Cleverlito has definitely been letting quality slip the past few years.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can definitely tell that the right shoe has a slack jaw, and the left has a lazy eye. Jorge Cleverlito has definitely been letting quality slip the past few years.
Really, the only way is to get two identical twin gators from a double-yolk egg, with one of them suffering from situs inversus. Otherwise, there is always a mismatch.

Basted

Reaction score
I know people tend to rag on the fit of a lot of Simon's high end bespoke stuff, but one of the things I appreciate is that he isn't only showing the good stuff and is providing an accurate portrayal of how these projects worked out for him.
I’d add that Simon and Bruce are complementary, IMHO. Simon might take you through his journey in commissioning a new sport coat or pair of denim; Bruce might document how you’re only interested in denim because Gary Cooper revived it in a 1950s movie.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Berulti, Kirby Allison is doing a series on Berluti. He released his first episode last Sunday talking with Jean-Michel.
I saw that. They’re doing some really innovative stuff. I’m awfully tempted to add a pair of those wholecut faux Andy loafers they showed with the shoelace having been piped into the hide to give the appearance of the apron.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Derek blocked me on Twitter, likely for having the temerity to comment on several posts. He’s more unhinged than Scott Adams, who at least interacts with commenters. If DWW hates comments or commenters he could make his posts so one can’t reply. Apparently he’s a funny guy and a misanthrope.

To your credit, you seem SUPER chill.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just curious, what were the comments?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads