• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can I ask for opinions on a black corduroy suit? I’m not thinking of Drakes corduroy games/dinner jacket mashup which felt a touch too gimmicky to me, but just a standard SB, 2 button, probably quite softly structured set up.
The combination of stark colour and soft material (plus corduroy’s ability to appear different colours depending on the light) makes me think it would be a great option for the ‘dinner suit’ type of clothing that keeps coming up at the moment.
Have I lost the plot? Or is this a stroke of genius?

Mr. Porter recently styled Juno Mak in a black corduroy DB suit (from their Mr. P line). The DB has weirdly skinny notch lapels (posting a photo from their product page), but the photos might give you more of an idea of how this might look.

w900_q80.jpeg
w900_q802.jpeg
w1200_q80.jpg

Racing Green

Reaction score

Very prescient 5-year-old piece considering the rise of gorp since and interesting to see brands like And Wander and Snow Peak along with Goldwin, Manastash etc mentioned back in 2017 when they are (still) seriously hip in 2022.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My very-new Model 3 blazer has developed these unsightly holes out of nowhere. Do these look like moth holes?

F4B88EA8-49BD-4F93-8FD2-37CF6365E3F6.jpeg
8EB1C59F-6170-483A-BBCE-2708AD7A159A.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My very-new Model 3 blazer has developed these unsightly holes out of nowhere. Do these look like moth holes?

View attachment 1748218 View attachment 1748219

They don't look like moth holes to me.

You can buy pheromone-scented moth traps at your local hardware store. Those moth traps won't solve a moth problem, but they'll alert you to one if you have a moth infestation. If you find moths trapped on there, you will need to do things like clean out your closet, brush out your clothes (ideally wet wash or dry clean them), etc.

Moth season usually starts in April when the eggs hatch. It's actually the larva that feeds on clothes, so most of the damage happens in the few months after that. If you suspect those holes are recent, they're probably from something else.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't look like moth holes to me.

You can buy pheromone-scented moth traps at your local hardware store. Those moth traps won't solve a moth problem, but they'll alert you to one if you have a moth infestation. If you find moths trapped on there, you will need to do things like clean out your closet, brush out your clothes (ideally wet wash or dry clean them), etc.

Moth season usually starts in April when the eggs hatch. It's actually the larva that feeds on clothes, so most of the damage happens in the few months after that. If you suspect those holes are recent, they're probably from something else.

Daniel at Armoury thinks they’re slices.

FML.

pwbower

Reaction score

View attachment 1748218 View attachment 1748219
Agree, not a moth.

I went to that French American Reweaving fellow (originally from Bed Stuy, btw), and he's a true miracle worker. You probably won't even be able to tell there was a hole when he's done with it. But even if you can, it'll be OK, maybe even better.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, not a moth.

I went to that French American Reweaving fellow (originally from Bed Stuy, btw), and he's a true miracle worker. You probably won't even be able to tell there was a hole when he's done with it. But even if you can, it'll be OK, maybe even better.

Which fellow is this?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Which fellow is this?

I assume he's talking about Ron Moore, the owner of French American Reweaving Cmopany. They're a small shop in NYC that specializes in invisible mending. They will find yarn/ thread that matches your garment, and then "reweave" it into the empty space, effectively covering up the hole and making the repair invisible.

I had a sweater done there about ten years ago. Here's a photo of the hole and then the mended garment. IIRC, the job cost me about $50.

tumblr_mlqptrlDbI1qa2j8co2_1280.jpeg
tumblr_mlqptrlDbI1qa2j8co1_r1_1280.jpeg

pwbower

Reaction score
I assume he's talking about Ron Moore, the owner of French American Reweaving Cmopany. They're a small shop in NYC that specializes in invisible mending. They will find yarn/ thread that matches your garment, and then "reweave" it into the empty space, effectively covering up the hole and making the repair invisible.

I had a sweater done there about ten years ago. Here's a photo of the hole and then the mended garment. IIRC, the job cost me about $50.

View attachment 1748436 View attachment 1748435
Yup, that's the one. I had a small hole in the sleeve of a 60's Brooks Brothers suit jacket, worsted navy with faint stripes. When he was done with it, I wouldn't have been able to find the spot where the whole was (which is why he puts the temporary white thread through it, as in Derek's sweater.)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Porter recently styled Juno Mak in a black corduroy DB suit (from their Mr. P line). The DB has weirdly skinny notch lapels (posting a photo from their product page), but the photos might give you more of an idea of how this might look.

View attachment 1747771 View attachment 1747770 View attachment 1747772

That's a beautiful corduroy suit, but thsoe shoes are absolutely hideous. Like, abominable level hideous.

The suit is definitely on point, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads