• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Get them if you like them. I don’t particular care for them, but everything has a price. Candidly, I would rather get Raf Oswegos for the look.

Thanks for the input. What I value in the Achilles is the versatility, and I don’t think these have it. I’ll likely wait for some b-ball low’s to go on sale.

On a related note, this thread inspired me to give my first pair of Achilles a proper cleaning and conditioning.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly I hit a nerve. My comment was not meant to be condescending/malicious/snobbish. Based on your comment about “x” amount of hours to revive the shoe, my comment seems fair. I can appreciate those that actually find the process enjoyable or therapeutic.
I’m on a salary, not hourly wage. I have no idea how much I earn an hour. Definitely not $1000/hr, but I also don’t work 40 hour weeks. However, I am a believer of focusing on earning more versus saving every dollar. Cheers.

Cash aside, can’t we simply clean perfectly good shoes? Does everything, including $400 sneakers need to be sold or tossed because they get dirty? Ugh.

GTI388

Reaction score
Cash aside, can’t we simply clean perfectly good shoes? Does everything, including $400 sneakers need to be sold or tossed because they get dirty? Ugh.

You misunderstood. I simply said if you are spending 30 plus hours to revive a sneaker, it’s probably heaped to get new sneakers. I don’t know about you, but spending that much time makes little sense to me. To each their own. I never said throw out dirty shoes. This is my last comment on this. I’ve already wasted enough time debating this trivial topic with complete strangers.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly I hit a nerve. My comment was not meant to be condescending/malicious/snobbish. Based on your comment about “x” amount of hours to revive the shoe, my comment seems fair. I can appreciate those that actually find the process enjoyable or therapeutic.
I’m on a salary, not hourly wage. I have no idea how much I earn an hour. Definitely not $1000/hr, but I also don’t work 40 hour weeks. However, I am a believer of focusing on earning more versus saving every dollar. Cheers.

a dollar saved is the same as a dollar earned.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my lug-sole derbies in yesterday (shout-outs again to @OccultaVexillum) and they came with this scuff or whatever

man, starting to get really tired of this kind of thing from the brand (or maybe i'm just overly nitpicky? idk)

actually thinking of ordering another pair from the last stockist i know of who still has my size and hoping for a better pair

ofSIWor.jpg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my lug-sole derbies in yesterday (shout-outs again to @OccultaVexillum) and they came with this scuff or whatever

man, starting to get really tired of this kind of thing from the brand (or maybe i'm just overly nitpicky? idk)

actually thinking of ordering another pair from the last stockist i know of who still has my size and hoping for a better pair

ofSIWor.jpg
That looks pretty superficial from your pic, a nice cleaning with some polish and it looks like it would be good as new. But you’ll likely need to polish the whole shoe for consistency

SimModa

Reaction score

All good, I realize now it was likely misunderstanding of actual time input. Personally, had it taken significantly over an hour (instead of under 30 minutes it took), I would not have done so. I do find it a bit enjoyable but any longer would not be worth it for me.

As far as your sentiment, I can agree with it (situationally). I don't want to seem purely like a "save more" person. At one point I did find myself becoming purely "earn more" (not to say you are), left unchecked, my spending scaled equally with my income. Now my focus is on increasing the gap between my income and spending. There are times where we should maximize our earnings vs cutting our losses and vice versa. Anyways, I think we both understand each other better and I think others can appreciate this discussion as well.

Lets just enjoy Common Projects!
Cheers.:cheers:

Liah.hui.shoes

Reaction score
Found a pair of CPs selling locally, my friend thinks they may be a korean fake. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
51633343_2185711061450526_7755406791231406080_n.jpg
51589904_2185711008117198_5812853345936736256_n.jpg
51304233_301210387246321_8626897235168198656_n.jpg
51450671_524915231333791_4095050750353211392_n.jpg
51385918_305504100151538_5142056737943060480_n.jpg

GTI388

Reaction score
Recently added Achilles mid in black and white. There are slight difference. The black pair appears to have more rubber and pointier toe box, stitching in that area is also different. Hope I didn’t pick up a fake pair from someone returning one!

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

How many pairs are too many??

IMG_9386.jpg

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently added Achilles mid in black and white. There are slight difference. The black pair appears to have more rubber and pointier toe box, stitching in that area is also different. Hope I didn’t pick up a fake pair from someone returning one!

View attachment 1120958
View attachment 1120959

View attachment 1120960

do you like the suede versions? i've heard they're really nice, but i always end up not liking suede as much

GTI388

Reaction score
do you like the suede versions? i've heard they're really nice, but i always end up not liking suede as much

I do like them. They are more resistant to scuffs but downside is they can stain easily and harder to remove. There is no difference in feel when worn though.

SimModa

Reaction score

View attachment 1120958
View attachment 1120959

View attachment 1120960

Those suede achilles look REALLY good. How versatile are they? I've been meaning to pick up the white bball but there are so many killer deals on the suede achilles.

Can you post side profile pics of the heel and toe box of those mids? I remember reading there is a clear difference in the shape of the heel and toebox with fakes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads