• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alzuura

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a few questions

Does anybody have any experience with the Mr. Porter exclusive (I'm pretty sure it's exclusive) pair of Achilles lows with the saffiano-ish leather? How's the sizing on them? Same as regular achilles or tts since previous posts indicate cps go tts now?

Also, with the confetti soles pair, are the confetti parts just paint or are those embossed (raised)?

With the women's achilles, are these the same with men's in sizing? Been thinking of getting a pair for the gf

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I grabbed a pair of this season's nude bball. I sized down 1 from achilles, and that worked out, so unless previous season's bballs were hilariously oversized, I'm not sure if what you've been told is quite true.

You sized down 1 from your achilles to the b-ball? I have the opposite experience: I wear a true size in the b-ball (UK7/US8) but size down 1 full size to the achilles (UK6/US7). Anyone else care to chime in on sizing for achilles versus the b-ball? I'm planning to pick up another pair or two and don't want to have to exchange if their sizing has changed.

piblondin

Reaction score
You sized down 1 from your achilles to the b-ball? I have the opposite experience: I wear a true size in the b-ball (UK7/US8) but size down 1 full size to the achilles (UK6/US7). Anyone else care to chime in on sizing for achilles versus the b-ball? I'm planning to pick up another pair or two and don't want to have to exchange if their sizing has changed.
I sized down one size in Achilles lows (42) from my normal TTS (43/US10). I took the same size in the current B-Ball low as my Achilles. The Achilles fit OK, but the BBalls, while fine and even a little long in length, give me a little arch pain after a full day of walking and wear, which is typically what happens when I wear a TTS 9.5 shoe instead of a 10. So, I'm not really sure and I don't think sizing is obvious for these.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grabbed a couple of pairs with the recent sales:

rE9BrH2.jpg

ibfMZ0P.jpg

LfiQNwS.jpg

CcyY528.jpg

wZYYSdf.jpg

yCvKe1m.jpg

rexet

Reaction score
I will receive two pairs of CP tomorrow: Achille Retro Low and BBall (not retro for these). I will give you my feedback.
Ok I just received them both (and I add the pair of Chukka I grabbed few days ago for comparison) :

• Achille Retro Low 2129 | 42 | 0506 : Feels like the good size for me (I am a 43EUR)
  • BBall 2128 | 42 | 0506 : they are roomier than the Achille Retro. I think I'll stick with this size but I may have size down half a size on these ones if half sizes would exist. Length is ok but the heel is really slippery and my ankle move a bit too much.
  • Chukka Waxed Suede 2104| 42 | 1010 : they are more on the tight fit, I will have to break them a bit. I could have consider a half size bigger if it would exists

This is my first impression after a very quick try since I'm at work and colleagues are wondering what the hell I'm doing with all these shoes on my desk :)

Last edited:

DonHeebenhof

Reaction score
So sorry to do this but can’t seem to find an answer. Trying to order Achilles low from End while their sale is going on (only $270 shipped!) but can’t decide on size.
I wear the following US sizes:
9.5 stan Smith
9.5 vans
9.5 Jordan
10 ultra boost
9.5 Cole haan
9 converse.

Cannot decide between a 41 and 42. I don’t have skinny feet but they aren’t crazy wide either. Please help!

DonHeebenhof

Reaction score
So I got both sizes in. 42 fit with no squeeze with a little room length wise in the toe. 41 fit length wise but are slightly tight on the sides. From what I have read you should go snug because they will stretch out correct?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got both sizes in. 42 fit with no squeeze with a little room length wise in the toe. 41 fit length wise but are slightly tight on the sides. From what I have read you should go snug because they will stretch out correct?
Up to you, but that is not the approach I would take. I would go with what fits better now, not pro forma for any stretch that may never occur. You should judge the fit not by length but by the ball of your foot.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm I always debate whether or not to pick up the cap toe tournament high's in the classic black/white chuck colorway.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have been saying they’ve adjusted their sizing this season so everything is more TTS? Is that true? I’ve always been a 44 and was going to grab another pair of bballs and Achilles to replace my all whites.

Mr porter has changed their sizing advisory and have advised to either go TTS or go up a size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads