• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No secret that tresbien is amongst cheapest EU retailers, particularly since 10% vouchers off are dime a dozen.

Currently Tres Bien is a price match with END for Common Projects on all styles give or take £1 (promotional codes excluded).

Alright this has gone completely into (incorrectly) nitpicking grammar... before going any further off topic, fransboone sells CPs for roughly 280 euro ex-VAT, cheaper than END in my experience.

END also offer VAT free purchases on all their goods for item shipped outside of the EU. They are the same price as fransboone on a like for like basis on CPs (340 Euros = £290). The difference is the Netherland VAT rate is 21% as opposed to the UK VAT rate of 20%, which makes the fransboone price marginally cheaper by approximately a couple of Euros; however it's not as clear-cut as that. fransboone shipping rate for a pair of CPs to NYC is £22.86, END on the other hand offer free shipping on a pair of CPs (or any order over $250) by FEDEX Priority Service. Once you take shipping into the equation END are hands down cheaper than fransboone.

Do you want me to highlight some of this in bold for you?

Nope.
End charges US orders in US$. They have a separate US price for everything which is higher than the UK prices without VAT.
For CP, End prices are about the same as US retailers.

Tres-Bien, Kafka, etc are going to be cheaper for US customers.
I've bolded some of that for you.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope.
End charges US orders in US$. They have a separate US price for everything which is higher than the UK prices without VAT.
For CP, End prices are about the same as US retailers.

Tres-Bien, Kafka, etc are going to be cheaper for US customers.
I've bolded some of that for you.

Well if that is the case their VAT free policy is somewhat misleading if they are increasing the price of the goods for US based customers.

Here's END's VAT free policy with no mention of an increase in the base price:

Do you offer a VAT discount to non EU customers?

Yes, if you're shipping destination is a non EU destination then our prices already have VAT removed.

However END do offer a price match policy:

Do you price match?

Yes, we are more than happy to match the prices offered on our website to those of other online retailers in most instances. To ensure that our price matching is done fairly for everyone, below is a list of our conditions:

The item must be full price and not subject to any promotion or sales offers.
The item must be available for anyone to buy. We will match the price shown online, not including any additional promotional/member discounts.
The item to be price matched has to be identical to the one listed on endclothing.com and currently in-stock on both sites.
We will only price match UK registered companies.
Although we are more than happy to do so in almost all situations, we do reserve the right not to alter our listed price.
Price matches can not be offered after goods have been purchased.

To arrange a price match please contact our Customer Services team using the details below. Contact before placing your order so we are able arrange your price match as quickly as possible.

I've put some of that in bold for you.

Last edited:

Matty123

Reaction score

Well if that is their case their VAT free policy is somewhat misleading if they are increasing the price of the goods for US based customers.

Here's END's VAT free policy with no mention of an increase in the base price:

Do you offer a VAT discount to non EU customers?

Yes, if you're shipping destination is a non EU destination then our prices already have VAT removed.

However END do offer a price match policy:

Do you price match?

Yes, we are more than happy to match the prices offered on our website to those of other online retailers in most instances. To ensure that our price matching is done fairly for everyone, below is a list of our conditions:

The item must be full price and not subject to any promotion or sales offers.
The item must be available for anyone to buy. We will match the price shown online, not including any additional promotional/member discounts.
The item to be price matched has to be identical to the one listed on endclothing.com and currently in-stock on both sites.
We will only price match UK registered companies.
Although we are more than happy to do so in almost all situations, we do reserve the right not to alter our listed price.
Price matches can not be offered after goods have been purchased.

To arrange a price match please contact our Customer Services team using the details below. Contact before placing your order so we are able arrange your price match as quickly as possible.

I've put some of that in bold for you.

He's right about END. The US prices are def higher in comparison to EU,JPand UK prices. I put the Yen prices in to a converter and it's close to 100 dollars less than the US dollar price that end charges us Yanks. **** those guys.

TokenMao

Reaction score
Currently Tres Bien is a price match with END for Common Projects on all styles give or take £1 (promotional codes excluded).
END also offer VAT free purchases on all their goods for item shipped outside of the EU. They are the same price as fransboone on a like for like basis on CPs (340 Euros = £290). The difference is the Netherland VAT rate is 21% as opposed to the UK VAT rate of 20%, which makes the fransboone price marginally cheaper by approximately a couple of Euros; however it's not as clear-cut as that. fransboone shipping rate for a pair of CPs to NYC is £22.86, END on the other hand offer free shipping on a pair of CPs (or any order over $250) by FEDEX Priority Service. Once you take shipping into the equation END are hands down cheaper than fransboone.

Do you want me to highlight some of this in bold for you?

lurker[1].gif

Matty123

Reaction score
You too BOLD gents might be long lost brothers separated at birth. Or just two people who Need to be "right" either way the fkn sneakers are expensive.

Matty123

Reaction score
anybody have any size 43 Achilles black hi or low they are looking to unload? Ive been on grailed and people dont respond to offers or if shoes are still available. thanks

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how women's CPs fit? Can guys wear them, or would it be obvious that I am wearing women shoes?

ebayhtl

Reaction score

Does anyone know how women's CPs fit? Can guys wear them, or would it be obvious that I am wearing women shoes?

Look the same, fit the same, but obviously women CPs range of sizing is different to men's. I believe it is a marketing distinction only.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look the same, fit the same, but obviously women CPs range of sizing is different to men's. I believe it is a marketing distinction only.
Good to hear. Women in my area are selling women CPs at heavy discount, so I might try them on before buying them.
My size is right on the edge, so I could both wear men's and women's CP.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Carta and Grey side by side, if anyone has input on the difference in person, lmk

Qudi

Reaction score
I got a pair of the Combat Boots with the light rubber sole and black pull tab from years ago. Length is perfect but they way tighter than my CP sneakers. Does anyone know if the width will stretch with wear? Doesn't seem like a good idea to try to stretch this kind of leather at a cobbler...

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
^wont stretch, time to sell :/ It is not uncommon for people (myself included) to need to size up on the non-sneaker CP offerings.

Carta is a dope color, just as easy to wear as light grey.

@Matty123 Hope you mean lows or mids, highs are rather meh (and I own a pair). PM'ed you.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys...........need some help here.

I'm trying to figure out the incremental difference between sizes - can anyone who wears/own a size 40 post measurements of the length and width of the outsole?

any help is much appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads