• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebayhtl

Reaction score

Received my first pair of Achilles after sizing down, how likely are they to stretch in width? They're a bit tight at the moment, length is pretty spot on.

Wondering about this as well. Finding the original Achilles to be a bit tighter than the vintage Achilles I got last year (same size).

Last edited:

Blog Marley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some internet searches seem to indicate they will stretch and become comfortable the only uncertain bit is how long (I've seen a few days to almost a year).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's leather so it will stretch. Whether it will stretch to be comfortable is more dependent on how tight it is now and what you deem as "comfortable". They aren't going to stretch half a size or anything and if they are uncomfortable right now then you'll probably be disappointed, if it's simply "snug" then you'll be fine.
I know this is an odd answer but it's reality.

Last edited:

ursman

Reaction score
This also may be a bit odd of a question - but - have you tried lacing them up yourself? I've found that "factory" lacing is typically very tight. It's common for me to relace with my foot in the shoe to get a better fit. I also always wear very thin socks with my Achilles.

Just some more food for thought.

pfurey

Reaction score
Picked up some chelseas, and they're a TINY bit big, but I have wide feet, and got them for a steal, so I'm keeping. What insoles are recommended for that?

Also, anyone recommend a good suede protector?

Apologies if this was already covered.

kennethj

Reaction score
Picked up some chelseas, and they're a TINY bit big, but I have wide feet, and got them for a steal, so I'm keeping. What insoles are recommended for that?

Also, anyone recommend a good suede protector?

Apologies if this was already covered.

I'd check out the repellent from Jason Markk.

bumblehair

Reaction score
Anyone having some tight fit issues with the sizing down. Redo the lacing to crisscross and you feet will thank you.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 42 in CP Achilles, should I stay the same size for mids?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a 42 in CP Achilles, should I stay the same size for mids?

Yes, I'm the same size in Achilles and Mids.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get chelseas on sale from end clothing now that the intial hype has died down a little? will they go on sale?

anyone got pics of the dark grey one irl?

also how about sizing? i am

lanvin 42
saint laurent boots/sneakers 43
margiela 43

thanks

Last edited:

Jhericurls

Reaction score
is it possible to get chelseas on sale from end clothing now that the intial hype has died down a little? will they go on sale?
End discounts code normally "exclude" Common Project items. I've never seen them on sale at End.

42 should fit you. But chelseas do fit slight tighter than their sneakers. I'm the same sizing as you and I wear all CP in 42.

Last edited:

mildundklar

Reaction score
I'm about to order a pair of CP achilles low triple black & is confused about the sizing. I'm a 41 in Buttero Tanino (not to snug, not to tight).

I always aim for the correct length - that's 27 cm. It's the best way to get the right size in my opinion. But here's the problem... Common Projects don't list the cm-size. Can anyone help my?

Joebo21

Reaction score
for anyone who wears 12.5 - 13 in nike/adidas.. how'd you size in the chelseas? 45 or 46?

typericey

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked and answered before but...

Are all the Achilles low models (that are not suede, grained, textured, etc.) made with Nappa leather uppers?

I'm specifically interested in the tonal white (1528 0506) and the tonal Navy (1528 1977) models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads