• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ChronBong

Reaction score
Really wonder what, if any, difference there is between the Saphir Super Invulner and the Tarrago Nano. Significant price difference. Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Saphir's Renovateur, shoe cream, and polish and use them on my Saint Laurent boots to excellent effect (as well as on CP sneakers). But I'm willing to bet there's no real difference between the waterproofing sprays...
im not sure, might have silicone? either way it does not have a description like the saphire invulner waterproof spray.

brianoh

Reaction score
Received a pair of Chelseas and they fit so much smaller than the Achilles. Do they stretch eventually?

kennethj

Reaction score
Received a pair of Chelseas and they fit so much smaller than the Achilles. Do they stretch eventually?

Which pair of Achilles do you have? I noticed different aAchilles fit differently ie retro / premiums. I don't have any personal experience, just what I have read

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Retros fit a little bigger. More like Bballs. I have premiums and retro's and still wear a 44 in both, the retro's are just more comfortable.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much. The toe is a little more pointed and less round on the Chelsea than the Achilles.
I consider myself to have normal width feet (but long ass toes which means that my pinky toe gets squashed in shoes with narrow toe boxes).
Size 44 fit perfect length wise in all CP's, but they are tight in the toe on Achilles and chelseas. The Achilles stretch out enough to work, but not the Chelsea for some reason.
I generally prefer shoes to be a little snug than too long, but I couldn't make the 44's work in the chelseas (I have an older pair of the chelseas from 4-5 years ago in a 44 that fit well but the shape is much slimmer now). I had initially bought the tan from last summer in a 44 and they never got comfortable so I bought a 45 and just put a half insole in and they are fine.
Like all Cp's (and shoes in general I guess) it depends on how you prefer your shoes to fit. If you prefer more room or a tight fit or whatever.

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the Mr Hare Store this week and they have some wonderfull Italian made Buffaliano sneakers called STANG. The beauty of these is that they are hand painted so have a really deep rich colour and individual patina.
http://www.mrhare.com/stang-lo-navy.html
They come in grey, navy and tan and there is also a high-top version with a velcro strap fastening in the same colours. They fit TTS and the quality is superb, £260 for the sneaker and £280 for the high top. Think I am going to pick up a pair in Navy.

Last edited:

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hey guys -any recommendations for how to get denim stains off my white leather CPs Achilles? Thank you. Thinking of getting some neutral leather shoe polish at my local shoe shop (ie no colour) but let me know if something else is recommended.

(Hoping the answer isn't necessarily buy another pair...)

ASpec818

Reaction score
Sorry for another Chelsea sizing question. I usually wear 7-7.5 in sneakers and 6.5 in dress shoes. I have short but wide feet. 39 Achilles were too long and the 38 length was ok but too narrow, with my pinky toes getting smashed. What size should I go for in the Chelsea boots, or should I stay away altogether? I'm reading they're even more narrow than the Achilles?

Last edited:

brianoh

Reaction score

Sorry for another Chelsea sizing question. I usually wear 7-7.5 in sneakers and 6.5 in dress shoes. I have short but wide feet. 39 Achilles were too long and the 38 length was ok but too narrow, with my pinky toes getting smashed. What size should I go for in the Chelsea boots, or should I stay away altogether? I'm reading they're even more narrow than the Achilles?

They're narrower in the toe box area. Get a 39.

bumblehair

Reaction score

Hey guys -any recommendations for how to get denim stains off my white leather CPs Achilles? Thank you. Thinking of getting some neutral leather shoe polish at my local shoe shop (ie no colour) but let me know if something else is recommended.

(Hoping the answer isn't necessarily buy another pair...)

Jason Markk should do the trick.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member