• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
42 and us9d here....glad i went with 41 in achilles lo tops perforated white....fits like a glove....i wouldnt describe my feet as narrow but of average width.

suda51

Reaction score
I think this is official CP thread. Will post my question there too.
smile.gif

I ordered my first pair of CPs lows week ago. I'm something in between 41 and 42 in EU sizes with normal width, so I bought size 40 following a size down rule. Sneakers were good in length painfully narrow to the point when even loosed laces are quite short and every move in them was what I imagine Julia from Hellraiser 2 felt (see picture 1). Returned them and sized up for 41. They are more comfortable but a bit loose (have some heel slippage) and a bit long (good 2 cm free room from toe to end of the shoe, not sure if qualify as clown shoes, please see picture 2). They also squeak, so I try to break them in right now, but not sure how long does it take to break them in. This squeaking really annoys me. Due to a small bit loose fitting I thought about insole or thicker socks for winter. Thought about returning them, but to my surprise both Wings+Horns and Svensson use same sole as CPs, so no matter which alternative I choose fit wouldn't be right. And I dig dem gold numbers.
What should I do? Switch back to 40 or keep 41? I heard smaller size eventually streches out, but as narrow as it was I was afraid it wouldn't help me much. And silhouette would be ruined. 41 with insole should fit pretty well if this annoying squeak will go away after break in, will need to live with length I guess (if they aren't clown shoes as I think all the time). I'm 175 cm in height for record (yeah, manlet :( ).
Size 40:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/ihk4zr9i.jpg
Size 41 (sorry for ugly black sock, wear them at home trying to break in):
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/tingvxux.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/bfwof7z3.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/4qyplxm4.jpg

suda51

Reaction score
Oh, that sounds good. They look really good and I think if your words are true they are good alternative for me. Which size would you recommend me to get? 40 or 41? Wear 42 in Vans, but they have some free room. Normally wear 41-42 (I guess I'm in between).

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

I think this is official CP thread. Will post my question there too. :)
I ordered my first pair of CPs lows week ago. I'm something in between 41 and 42 in EU sizes with normal width, so I bought size 40 following a size down rule. Sneakers were good in length painfully narrow to the point when even loosed laces are quite short and every move in them was what I imagine Julia from Hellraiser 2 felt (see picture 1). Returned them and sized up for 41. They are more comfortable but a bit loose (have some heel slippage) and a bit long (good 2 cm free room from toe to end of the shoe, not sure if qualify as clown shoes, please see picture 2). They also squeak, so I try to break them in right now, but not sure how long does it take to break them in. This squeaking really annoys me. Due to a small bit loose fitting I thought about insole or thicker socks for winter. Thought about returning them, but to my surprise both Wings+Horns and Svensson use same sole as CPs, so no matter which alternative I choose fit wouldn't be right. And I dig dem gold numbers.
What should I do? Switch back to 40 or keep 41? I heard smaller size eventually streches out, but as narrow as it was I was afraid it wouldn't help me much. And silhouette would be ruined. 41 with insole should fit pretty well if this annoying squeak will go away after break in, will need to live with length I guess (if they aren't clown shoes as I think all the time). I'm 175 cm in height for record (yeah, manlet :( ).
Size 40:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/4qyplxm4.jpg
my 45s are very narrow when I first get them but I just put a shoe stretcher in them for like 24 hrs concentrating on tight spots and they are perfect when done

mr.invincible

Reaction score
im looking to buy my first pair of CP.

How often do they go on sale? Looking for white achilles (hoping on that bandwagon)

linds_15

Reaction score

The white achilles are extremely popular and pretty much never on sale.

especially if you are a common size. the best i've found to semi-regularly obtain is from Tres Bien Shop with one of their codes. if you are in the usa the exchange rate makes it a better buy than local shops

mr.invincible

Reaction score

what size?

The white achilles are extremely popular and pretty much never on sale.

especially if you are a common size. the best i've found to semi-regularly obtain is from Tres Bien Shop with one of their codes. if you are in the usa the exchange rate makes it a better buy than local shops

im a size 8.

also i just found these, http://erikschedin.com/

much cheaper and almost identical in looks and quality. any one have experience with these?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member