• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol...wtf. it's a sticker. i seriously doubt that the QC of CPs extends to the sticker that they slap on the box.

do you think the BOX looks legit?
do you think the SHOES looks legit?
if yes to both, then you probably have a legit shoe. i'm not sure i would be worrying about a sticker...

GSaleh

Reaction score
lol...wtf. it's a sticker. i seriously doubt that the QC of CPs extends to the sticker that they slap on the box.

do you think the BOX looks legit?
do you think the SHOES looks legit?
if yes to both, then you probably have a legit shoe. i'm not sure i would be worrying about a sticker...

Mate, have you seen the video, and how good that replica looks? Also, on both examples of fakes (video and forum post), the lettering is exactly the same as on the one I have. Can it be a coincidence?

On all of the authentic boxes from authorised sellers, the lettering matches that on the photo I posted from ssense.

I guess you can never be sure purchasing second hand, but alarm bells are all over this one. I also got a heavy solvent smell that according to other people isn’t present with authentic CPs.

Last edited:

GSaleh

Reaction score
Would you feel differently about the sneakers if the seller sold them to you NWOB (new without box)?

I was originally convinced as the seller had proof of purchase through MrPorter. A bit naive from me as there’s no way to be certain, and if I didn’t pick up on these things I wouldn’t be beating myself up about it and assumed positive intent.

I also haven’t personally thoroughly handled and inspected an authentic pair of CPs, so I can’t be sure.

I was only wondering if anyone with an authorised seller purchased pair had lettering that matched what is on the box I have. Again, it matches exactly the two fake pairs above... which you have to question a little?

GSaleh

Reaction score
For those interested, these are the shoes...

DCE2BFA1-7728-4D82-9ED9-4353BD852450.jpeg

C30AA79E-CA48-4C1F-AECF-4F7AF3BDFA57.jpeg

0A5F0F14-8FDA-4D98-8683-8FB931E623BA.jpeg

2126FE1A-5DF3-4C00-8E39-5C84E74CA75B.jpeg

slam

Reaction score
For those of you with more than one pair of common project achilles... What color do you wear the most (after white)?

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with more than one pair of common project achilles... What color do you wear the most (after white)?

black and white, although i don't think they're anywhere near as good. i think the tone on tone models are the best; so next purchase will be the grey suede with the grey soles...

slam

Reaction score
Premium black and whites. I like the off white sole and the pebbled leather
black and white, although i don't think they're anywhere near as good. i think the tone on tone models are the best; so next purchase will be the grey suede with the grey soles...

If two people think black and white, what about blush, or cream (off white), or even a grey? Also do you keep one high top and one low, or just go low?

I've never owned a high top, but worry they would wear a little weird with their stiff leather. I imagine big creases on the side of the shoe. Could be totally wrong.

slam

Reaction score
grey

Also warm white and carta are excellent.

Do you mean the Achilles mids, which are more common. Hard to find a true high Achilles. They exist, but not often offered.

I guess I meant mids. Sorry. Do they wear well? I picked up a vintage white mid achilles for cheap, but not sure if I should sell or keep.

Bingale

Reaction score
What's the difference between warm white and carta? Look very similar

grey

Also warm white and carta are excellent.

Do you mean the Achilles mids, which are more common. Hard to find a true high Achilles. They exist, but not often offered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads