• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
How does DH jeans fit ? I saw a raw MIJ in a size 29 and want to pull the trigger. I’m usually a 29-30 in Celine denim.
Also does someone know if the Cotton-Viscose-Poly black jeans from DH are any good (wonder how it feels in hand) ?
Man, it depends on the season and fit. I have one pair from probably 2011 that fits a size big while 2 other more recent pairs that fit tts.
I think Hedi has played more with silhouette at Celine relative to Dior and SLP. It also seems Hedi has focused on creating the most authentic looking washes at Celine. Dior had surface treatments/unique and unusual washes. SLP denim was all about the black skinny and the variety of possibilities within that space with a little focus on great blue washes-the halfway point to Celine.
Disagree with the washes Slp had much better washes for blue and grey denim, especially in the early SS13 and Fw13 seasons. I'll agree that Hedi has played around with the silhouettes but some of them have been outright horrible like the elephant pairs.

Last edited:

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Man, it depends on the season and fit. I have one pair from probably 2011 that fits a size big while 2 other more recent pairs that fit tts.
I think they are pre 2011 DH since they only have this tag
Its a 17cm leg opening
I have no clue on how to know the season for DH jeans

Attachments

• IMG_4821.png
    IMG_4821.png
    585.6 KB · Views: 73

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
I think they are pre 2011 DH since they only have this tag
Its a 17cm leg opening
I have no clue on how to know the season for DH jeans
There’s a bit of variation between tags so take this with a grain of salt.

For the most part Hedi’s jeans are easy to date, there should be a second tag that has the year/season in the product code just like the rest of his DH clothes. IMG_0193.jpeg

This practice continued under the first few years of Kris Van Assche. The last tag I’ve seen like that was from ss2010.

The caveat is that I’ve seen some authentic Hedi jeans without this tag. Not sure why some don’t have it, I need to do more research on that. To my understanding KVA also reissued some of Hedi’s washes so they could be reissues.

A picture of some Hedi’s I own without the product code tag.
One thing i've noticed is that the tag on Hedi's jeans have the top stitch and extra stitches underneath running through the tag itself. Some KVA jeans I’ve seen also have the bottom stitches but they are not going through the tag.
IMG_0197.jpeg
IMG_0198.jpeg

*I don’t care about KVA Dior so my knowledge is limited*

The first example of this double tag I've seen was from AW10 and was used until KVA left Dior in 2018. There's a way to date them using the product code but I don't know how.
IMG_0192.jpeg

Later DH jeans had a "made in ___" tag and the back tag changed

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Last edited:

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
For the most part Hedi’s jeans are easy to date, there should be a second tag that has the year/season in the product code just like the rest of his DH clothes. View attachment 2066091

This practice continued under the first few years of Kris Van Assche. The last tag I’ve seen like that was from ss2010.

The caveat is that I’ve seen some authentic Hedi jeans without this tag. Not sure why some don’t have it, I need to do more research on that.
Thank you Scrubby really informative
I know what to look out for now.

This second tag could be for jeans sold in Japan. They add/change the tag depending on the country (like this SLP tag for a FW13 Allure coat for Korea)

Attachments

• IMG_4823.jpeg
    IMG_4823.jpeg
    618.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4824.jpeg
    IMG_4824.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 135

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, yes, that was me (Or I to be perfectly correct!?).

Anyway, I’m on a sudden Dior kick. I stopped by their midtown NYC boutique, and have to admit it’s such class. They do such a great job with shirting, knits, jackets, sneakers obviously now with KJ, ties, etc.

I’d highly recommend their new jeans collection, which has brought back the slash. I’m wearing a pair of their dark denim (like a dark gray) in the slim fit. Extremely soft.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Why do I like that blue DH puffer so much?

I've never bought resold items such as that, especially so old. In your experience, are the items just old and dated looking, or does DH from that era still hold up?

I know I still have my raws, but otherwise was a bit later to the game.

I think Hedi DH is still relevant.
15471D20-C36B-4C4E-B385-F70A9288DF45-735-000000704C6C980C.jpeg

56330A3F-8C65-4C35-82CF-DF2B31F3BD8E-735-0000006FECE9703F.jpeg

Fall ‘05 is one my favorite collections and also IMO is THE Hedi archetype. I believe he references and regards this collection the same way; this look/aesthetic is the basis for SLP Palladium, Celine Dysfunctional Bauhaus and Celine Palace collection (some of my favorite)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"We didn't leave Hedi Slimane, Hedi Slimane left us." Discuss.

Also discuss: "We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us."

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
"We didn't leave Hedi Slimane, Hedi Slimane left us." Discuss.

The answer to all good questions: It depends.

Technically Hedi is still doing the same thing; getting inspired by youth culture and making clothing out of it. Hedi didn't leave us.

However, Hedi has moved away from the aesthetics that we enjoyed to create something we don't enjoy. Hedi left us.

I simply feel a way bigger connection to rock music than I do to Tiktok.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 2005 ad still looks incredible to me with the textures, styles, colors, etc. In fact, it’s nice to see color. I’m so used to b&w everything.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
This second tag could be for jeans sold in Japan.
After further research it appears that you are correct. Japanese law requires that there be a label sewn onto the garment that has care instructions and fabric component in Japanese.

Two cummerbund Jeans from aw06, one has the extra tag (in Japanese), the other doesn’t.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg