• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer looks good, looks a little more cropped than the classic Saint Laurent 69cm styles. Those boots look fine with the combination, but you could also combine black boots with ripped or washed grey jeans so it's a little less black which might help.

bobby jonathan

Reaction score
I'm not certain, but I think the 37.4 inches refers to the farthest hole you can use it for, not the total length of the belt. A few pages ago I think it was suggested that those with a a 30-31 jean size need to go for the 90, whereas those with 32-33 need the 95.

Has anyone tried the leopard jacno side zip boot?
372709a7ec40f92c8abb8fa773db4e4d.jpg

Aldo Celine ?

bobby jonathan

Jalen

Reaction score
My first foray into blazer-land, with the short jacket in grain de poudre. It's all new to me but the advice from Kieran and a couple of others helped a lot.

My concern going into the store was whether the gdp version would be too 'stiff' looking, vs the wool gabardine equivalent, but I'm very pleased with this, having had both to look at in person. As an aside (but added confidence to my purchase) - when I queried a couple of SAs on separate occasions, they were both were quick to say the gdp fabric version is the one to get.

I'm wearing it with the celine silk pocket tee. The majority of my outerwear is sz48. This is a sz50 though. sz48 was comically small when I squeezed into it with the SA's help. sz52 definitely felt waftier. This size is fitted, and I retain a decent (but less than others) amount of manoeuvrability.

View attachment 1756834
View attachment 1756835
View attachment 1756836

Question: I *know* leather boots would probably make the outfit better. But generally I just enjoy tan suede boots a lot more. Is the disparity that big? Like is wearing as pictured here a definite no-no?

My feeling is I think it still works with the aged silver belt/bracelet/ring, like an overall rakish look, but I might be suffering from post-purchase elation / tunnel vision :bounce2: Then I can wear swap that all out for leather boots, a simpler belt - perhaps the celine centurion belt or a square buckle SL - and high shine jewellery for a more formal look. In either case I just want to wear with these skinny jeans and this or an SL silk tee.

Any insight would be appreciated :)
Fantastic fit Randeep, looks great as it is with the tan boots imo. I own a Celine grain de poudre blazer myself and have to agree with your SA's; the fabric is phenomenal.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the black canvas Saint Laurent city backpack. A bit expensive for a canvas backpack but it's very nice so I'm keeping it. The zips are a bit different to under Hedi I think, they're like a matte silver aluminium type look, and the headphones port has been removed, but I'm not that OCD that I have to have the Hedi design, and a headphones port is pretty outdated at this point anyway. Very pleased actually.

Adamdraps or others, I'm going to pick up some stuff for my black suede boots, I've forgotten is it the super invulner or the renavateur spray I should get? And a soft horse hair brush for regular cleaning, plus a harder brass or bore brush for harder to remove marks?

Also it says the spray should be used monthly, I presume if they're worn infrequently then it doesn't need to be done so often, like it's not going to wear off or evaporate or something

Cheers

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of the leopard calf hair jacno's that I posted a pic of earlier. They're ******* sick, obviously. I always thought that leopard would be too glam/randeep for me to pull off convincingly, but I threw them on with a leather jacket last night and was really impressed how they added another dimension to my look--a bit different from our beloved tan footwear we all wear.

I'm not religious, but I'm praying to God the next menswear has a bit more of a reversion to previous Hedi slimane aesthetics. I feel with how ****** the world is currently, we're due for some good news.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I got a pair of the leopard calf hair jacno's that I posted a pic of earlier.
Do you have a picture? I felt like the product photo you posted earlier the lighting looked a bit over-the-top where I was wondering if it looked different in person. I imagine they look great either way, even if I'd rather stick with my black leather boots.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture? I felt like the product photo you posted earlier the lighting looked a bit over-the-top where I was wondering if it looked different in person. I imagine they look great either way, even if I'd rather stick with my black leather boots.
Yeah, but this is the only one I have since I just dropped them at the cobbler. They're pretty over the top, but to me manageable, if that makes sense. I can try to post a fit pic when I get them back
IMG_0647.JPG

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Its the renovateur Spray and I use mine every 2 months since I wear my black suede boots once a week due ton having other options for footwear. Those two brushes will work but a suede eraser will also work as well.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm becoming super tempted to buy a pair of raw indigo denim. My understanding is that the Celine ones weren't all that impressive. I've tracked down some Hedi era Dior ones in new condition. I remember back in the day people used to rave about these, more in terms of fit than fades (although those looked pretty good too, buy fashion denim standards). The question is: are they worth going for? Should I look at other brands instead? I don't really like buying pre-distressed jeans, it's a weird thing I have...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm becoming super tempted to buy a pair of raw indigo denim. My understanding is that the Celine ones weren't all that impressive. I've tracked down some Hedi era Dior ones in new condition. I remember back in the day people used to rave about these, more in terms of fit than fades (although those looked pretty good too, buy fashion denim standards). The question is: are they worth going for? Should I look at other brands instead? I don't really like buying pre-distressed jeans, it's a weird thing I have...

I did wear my classic DH made in Japan raws for many yrs and the fade AND fit were perfect at the time (I disliked most of the DH pre-distressed so I only had like the raw blue, black a light grey softer pair and the black luster waxed, maybe others I don't remember). Now there are a lot of good denim companies (Japanese denim etc.) so if you want to geek out you definitely don't need to go there and, as you certainly know, more relaxed cuts are waaaaaay more current.

What I liked about the DH raws is that if you picked the right size and you were slim they were skinny but not like dumb leggings that hugged you absolutely everywhere. The contrast between the non skin-tight areas (especially the top block) and the skinnier parts made the fit work.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did wear my classic DH made in Japan raws for many yrs and the fade AND fit were perfect at the time (I disliked most of the DH pre-distressed so I only had like the raw blue, black a light grey softer pair and the black luster waxed, maybe others I don't remember). Now there are a lot of good denim companies (Japanese denim etc.) so if you want to geek out you definitely don't need to go there and, as you certainly know, more relaxed cuts are waaaaaay more current.

What I liked about the DH raws is that if you picked the right size and you were slim they were skinny but not like dumb leggings that hugged you absolutely everywhere. The contrast between the non skin-tight areas (especially the top block) and the skinnier parts made the fit work.
Yeah, I'm with you on not wanting the painted on look. Just something slim like this (warning: feet in picture)
5db24c8e9f864ade33c4c454b1d1f6ef.png

I'm completely open to checking out some Japanese brands. In fact, I've been looking at some for the past couple of weeks. My worry is that I'll end up with something that adds an Americana element to my style, which I don't think would incorporate well (I'm aware that denim in general is an Americana thing, but I think you know what I mean).

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Dior Homme raws in 17.5cm MIJ are easily my favorite jeans. That is the fit you posted above. Can you still get them raw and unfaded? I feel like KJ changed the cut and it's a lot beefier in like a dad-style way.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremygrooks